Advertisements

This discussion leads to the question of who owns the site. There is an old internet meme that if you aren’t paying to use the product it because you are the product. Privacy? what me worry?

I have no problem with ads on the site.The owners do have to pay the bills for this site,that we all like.
The concern is the security of the ad. Don't want to be hacked into.
Frank

Last evening with an android tablet and chrome browser I logged out of WTW to check out this complaint. There were pop up and banner ads. I logged back in and the ads were gone. This is another confirmation.

This has now changed. Ads all over when I use Chrome browser - and logged in as ski3pin - on our android tablet. I realize the owners' need to make money. Firefox's adblocker on the desktop eliminates them all and enables easy reading of posts. Perhaps I will switch to Firefox browser on the tablet and not use Chrome.

Ads display for those not logged in and are served up by a third party (like google). The display is still being adjusted, so you may see some changes. For now, please login - you'll see the same old view. :)

Here's what you should see:

If you are logged in you should see two ads in the right sidebar

If you are an RV LIFE Pro subscriber (Trip Wizard / RV LIFE Pro mobile) you will see no ads.

If you are not logged in (guest) you will see ads on the sidebar, bottom of the page and maybe even some video ads floating around. Please log in or register an account - it's FREE.

thx for the info on ads. I have no problem with the ads along the rh margin. am pretty good at ignoring.

Here's what you should see:

If you are logged in you should see two ads in the right sidebar

If you are an RV LIFE Pro subscriber (Trip Wizard / RV LIFE Pro mobile) you will see no ads.

If you are not logged in (guest) you will see ads on the sidebar, bottom of the page and maybe even some video ads floating around. Please log in or register an account - it's FREE.
Any idea why I do NOT see the ads? Seems strange, and I like investigating strange...

Back
Top Bottom