Taking The Plunge

Maybe with the new F150 Aluminum body which allows for more payload the after market mods may become more available:)

Woo Hoo, I got my Hawk! I'm a bit bummed that somewhere my order got mixed up and the extra roof vent got left off. Now I'm gonna have to go to the factory in Woodland to get it installed and Matt at Mainline Overland is covering the costs, so not too much of a loss and I'll be in California this spring anyway. Otherwise I'm happy with everything else and I can stand fully upright inside! : ). WOOO HOOO

I still cannot upload pictures here : (

Hey Dan, finalmente !! I'm happy for you.
Are you going to go straight home or do a little camping on the way back to North Carolina ?
How long did the install process take ?
Did you see my baby at MLO ?

Congrats and Happy Camping
DanT

They left out the second roof vent?! I ordered mine with dual fantastic fans, as A/C would only be used in July/Aug, and I will look into a window mount for that... Mine better have both those fans, because a trip to Cali is not an option for me! Congrats on the new Hawk! Want pics!!! Will join you as an owner in May.

DanT said:
Hey Dan, finalmente !! I'm happy for you.
Are you going to go straight home or do a little camping on the way back to North Carolina ?
How long did the install process take ?
Did you see my baby at MLO ?

Congrats and Happy Camping
DanT
Which baby was yours? The install took a little longer than most because I had them install my two AGM batteries and my solar charger. We were there for about 4-5.5 hours. I was the 4th install that mainline has done so far. I can go down in the annals of Mainline Overland's history. I'm visiting with my grandfather at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington DC for a day or two before heading home. The hawk is sitting nicely on my F150 and it's handling it well. Especially with the suspension upgrades I did and all the 60,000 mile maintenance I just gave her. Did I mention I've named my truck " Gotonatasaurus" my version of "go to national forests" and look for dinosaurs. I posted some pix at American Adventurist.

I'm sleeping in her tonight in the parking lot of the retirement home. It's a secure and gated community. DC is loud though! Traffic is insane!

Silver Grandby,
I'm assuming your firing up the furnace. Does it have that new furnace stink ?
Sweet Dreams

Yes I did see the silver Grandby. And yes I have the new furnace, but I didn't fire it up yet. Cool thing is , there isn't a pilot light. When you turn on the thermostat, it automatically ignites the heater.

Last night I slept in it with Bayleaf and was very comfortable. Although I don't recommend sleeping outside in DC . I heard every available siren known to man.

A newer Atwood I believe. It has a plastic front with a turnable direction face to direct air in a specific direction. FWC introduced them 3 weeks ago. Brenda wasn't even very familiar with them. I haven't filled the propane tanks yet, but there's a flashing green light at the bottom of the heater that no one seems to know what it does... I will figure it out when I get home.

Nice meeting you today

gallery_1903_342_425600.jpg

"Although I don't recommend sleeping outside in DC . I heard every available siren known to man." That's very funny, at least you'll never forget your first night.
Cool picture.
I hope this is not a dumb question but………here goes………... Whats Bayleaf ?

Back
Top Bottom