'02 FWC Eagle on '05 Tundra DC tie down?

rothmir

We have recently upgrade from an '04 Tacoma to an '05 Tundra. I have plans to build a platform for our camper to sit on to make up for the difference of the two bed styles and cab heights. We used the standard internal tie down method with our Tacoma and it worked pretty well, but it did pull the bed up a bit. I am currently looking at all options from internal to external tie downs. The rig will see occasional off road exploration on 4X4 trails and rough roads. With longevity and toughness in mind, which would be the best option for us?

rothmir said:
We have recently upgrade from an '04 Tacoma to an '05 Tundra. I have plans to build a platform for our camper to sit on to make up for the difference of the two bed styles and cab heights. We used the standard internal tie down method with our Tacoma and it worked pretty well, but it did pull the bed up a bit. I am currently looking at all options from internal to external tie downs. The rig will see occasional off road exploration on 4X4 trails and rough roads. With longevity and toughness in mind, which would be the best option for us?
Won't the Eagle fit without the platform?
Do you have a 4 door, double cab, or an access cab? The double cab has a deeper bed than the AC cab.
I have an ATC Bobcat ,I think they are the same bed demotions as the FWC Eagle, on an 02 Tundra AC. The Tundra bed is about 17 1/2" deep. The camper is 19" deep.
Frank

rothmir said:
The double cab has a deeper bed and taller cab, I'll need to raise the camper about 6".
With that in mind,you might think about building the platform in a way to take advantage of that 6" space,to use as storage.
Some other members have done that.
Frank

I have a 02 tundra dbl cab and just upgraded to a 2016 dbl cab. I built a riser for my kestrel to fit the new bed and it works great. In response to your question of tie downs id recommend the internal ones. It's a super easy install and you'll have less to get hung up on as you cruise the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom