Site Team

Attachments

• IMG_9187.jpeg
    IMG_9187.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9259.jpeg
    IMG_9259.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 81
Hey Rob wow that's a lot of snow to come home to.
It's nice to travel but also nice to be home.

Looks like you took in some great and beautiful places.

I like your night sky shots.The one with Venus and Jupiter is really clear.
I have been watching the sky dance since Saturn was in the area.
And then when the mood started last crescent it was fun to watch
them move around the sky.

Thanks for post
Frank

Thanks Frank we are tired and have much to do to dig out and regroup but by cracky we went places!. I am finding more and more I just have to go when I think of it... it is getting harder and harder to do the things I used to do.
The night sky is wonderful. We live in a 'dark area' for New England and enjoy looking up. I also love watching for the international space station fly over as well thinking of the 6 or 9 astronauts up there seeing 16 sunrises and sunsets every day! I would love to go up! (I think).
Rob
PS I forgot to ask, I heard your area is going to get another heavy rain event... Hope you are on high/stabile ground!
PSS I like this sky info site https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-blogs/explore-night-bob-king/tell-time-with-the-big-dipper-see-ceres-transit-m100/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=newsletter

This is exciting! We get to take a long trip vicariously! :)

Sorry we live so far away we can't come over and help dig out snow. We have skills. :)

buckland said:
Thanks Frank we are tired and have much to do to dig out and regroup but by cracky we went places!. I am finding more and more I just have to go when I think of it... it is getting harder and harder to do the things I used to do.
The night sky is wonderful. We live in a 'dark area' for New England and enjoy looking up. I also love watching for the international space station fly over as well thinking of the 6 or 9 astronauts up there seeing 16 sunrises and sunsets every day! I would love to go up! (I think).
Rob
PS I forgot to ask, I heard your area is going to get another heavy rain event... Hope you are on high/stabile ground!
PSS I like this sky info site https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-blogs/explore-night-bob-king/tell-time-with-the-big-dipper-see-ceres-transit-m100/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=newsletter
Thanks for the sky info.We get a decent dark sky but not enough to see the milky way.Also we get lots of fog
as it turns out right when there is some fun sky event or full moon.

Thanks for asking about our storm area. Not many problems for us here at the house,but the surrounding area
has been hit very hard. Levees have broken on some of the bigger rivers and flooded housing and ag fields.

We don't get snow here only view it on some of the surrounding mountains.

Like ski says would like to help shovel the white stuff,but in my case for some reason a shovel handle
just doesn't fit my hands.

Frank

Funny that... so many handles just don't fit...!! Snow is one thing But mud... mud season is epic.... all the way down to axil ...then freeze and escape by riding the ridges (frozen mud)... but god gave us maple syrup to sweeten the deal. At this point it is very clear just gotta go with what is delivered... can't fight to win with mom nature. Glad you are above waterline

PS in that photo ... like Moses parted the water ...Lord parted the snow.. see that light at the end of the tunnel.

March Madness in these parts means Mud Madness... we are fortunate it is not Kentucky clay mud. This is splatter mud... that can suck your boot off in a flash of amazement. We call it Calvin season (from Calvin and Hobbes) as we can spend a whole day digging a web of canals, channeling the down hill flow away from the house. This morning I got an email from my house saying I had better check the basement!...Sure enough my floor water sensor was in a puddle.

Attachments

• Mudseason.jpg
    Mudseason.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 31
Wow! Pretty epic but probably a good thing you got home when you did. And the poor dozer operators, you and your wood stove were quite a blessing to them. Nice job.

I am happy to be home but can't help but laugh at the calamity of it all... I feel somehow my paranoia of what could go wrong was justified ...My doom/gloom vindicated! Here is the start of the mud in the driveway (850 feet of it) and the dozer damage to the mailbox... and like any good Yankee hilltowner... They delivered the mail in the box on the ground yesterday ... UPS also threw a box on the snowbank. An all new meaning to shipped by "Ground"

Attachments

• IMG_9301.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9305.jpg
    IMG_9305.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 58
For those folks on the left coast :rolleyes: the LA Times Weekend has 2 articles One: BAJA "Joshua tree with a beach" and the second "Is it safe to drive in Baja?" I tried to read but I do not have a subscription.

Back
Top Bottom