12 Volt coffee grinder?

I have not seen one of those. Thats a luxury I usually do without. That said, this would be a good time to get a nice inverter to run those 110 appliances. I'm becoming more convinced an inverter is the way to go for those infrequently used appliances like blenders, grinders etc.

Coffee...

I am a coffee nut and roast my own, etc. We looked for some good method for doing so on an extended trip...gave up on it and just bought ground coffee along the way. Actually it was fine and when we occasionally bought an espresso in a good latin american coffee shop it was a HUGE treat.

I know of a chappie who is riding his sidecar rig around the Americas for 3 to 5years and being a bit of a coffee nut himself is using an industrial strength, Milwaukee heat gun, stainless steel bowl and a wooden spoon to roast coffee when he has a power outlet and I believe he uses a hand grinder for grinding. If you have a good burr style hand grinder it works surprisingly well.

Salud,
Brian

This hand grinder is available from REI

Attachments

• TravelerII.jpg
    TravelerII.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 703
Grinder....

Jim...I have one of the REI type grinders and have not had a lotta luck using it....I think it is just too small. It came along with us to Guatamala but only got used a few times.....got tired of cranking. I have a friend who has a box type that really puts the beans thru and does a nice fine grind for espresso.
Brian

I haven't used that one so can't speak from experience. That's good to know about the little plastic one. My dad has a wooden box type grinder that he picked up in Italy that works real good. It actually isn't that big either :D

Back
Top Bottom