New FWC Hawk is in the house

Wyo4Life

Advanced Member
IMG_2361.jpeg
IMG_2389.jpeg
We picked up our new Hawk late last week up in Bozeman. I spent a day moving things into it that we had in our previous truck camper (Northern Lite) although I only used a fraction of what was in the NL.

Then it was up the mountain for a couple of days on a shakedown trip.

Everything worked as it should and while it did not get cold enough to need heat, I turned it on one morning just to make sure the Truma heater worked. Man, I can already tell I am going to love the new Truma Varioheat heater and Truma Aquago instant hot water heater. What a great change FWC made in getting into modern times with these two systems. Kudos to FWC on this change.

There is one thing that I am going to have to change and that is the bed. Rock hard and very little sleep both nights. For what these cost, I am surprised FWC has not put a better mattress in these campers. I had read a lot about people doing different things regarding the mattress prior to getting mine but did not realize just how bad it is. Come on FWC, you make a great camper and can do better than this.

Steven and Ralston at the dealership in Bozeman did a great job prepping my truck and going through the camper with us.

Looking forward to many hunts, fishing trips, camping excursions, wildlife photography outings and general get aways way, way off the beaten path!

Great rig! Looks like you got all the bells and whistles. Good call on the F350, and I admire how FWCs fit Fords like a glove. Sticks out a fuzz on my Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom