12 volt socket redux and radio install

Star152

Since I could not find anyone installing a 12 volt socket I figured it out.
on my 04 Granby I have an access panel to the battery isolator I discovered the empty fuse slots are pre wired. I was worried about directly hooking up the extra 12 volt socket to the battey. (What would happen if I plugged in the generator and had stuff plugged in the 12 volt socket?) so I installed the extra socket using fuse slot #12 with a 15 amp fuse on the positive side. on the negative side I used the block next to the battery isolator. in the picture it is behind my hand. (it looks like a metal bar with a lot of screws in a row)

Radio install same way I used the #9 slot with a 10 amp fuse for positive and I used the same block for the negative.

I access behind everything be removing the propane detector and a panel behind the water heater.

now everything is protected

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_4417.jpg
    IMG_4417.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 633
Star,

Nice job. I notice a lot of minor differences between the layout of your 04 Grandby and my 07 Grandby in the cabinet area. My 07 has the fuse panel and power converter inside a long, slender storage compartment and the master switch is situated differently. Is that a frig (the gray colored thing) at the forward end of the cabinets?

Buzzman

Nice job.

There should be a ground bus on the back side of that distribution box just below all of those unused red pigtails. There should be several slots available and this would be a really good place to connect your ground (keeps them all neat and tidy).

I really enjoyed looking at your photos. I recently acquired an 03 Grandby with the same cabinet layout as yours. I'm told FWC did this layout for only a year or so in 03/04. Mine had the old Elixer converter/power center, which failed, and I'm in the process of installing the newer components and adding that red switch. I was glad to see how it was laid out from the factory in your model. I don't mean to change subjects on your thread, but where is the 30amp ACtoDC converter located in your camper?

Buzzman, yes the gray thing is the refer. your 07 has more storage and the counters are higher. my wife is 5'2" so our counter height is just right.

AK Nomad, thanks the converter was behind the propane leak detector panel. here is a photo of the access panel with out my hand showing the battery isolator and ground bus I wondered what to call that..........

Attachments

• ground bus.jpg
    ground bus.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 580
Oh, I see. On the IDP-30 I just purchased, there is a ground bus looking just like the one in your photograph, but it is attached to the backside of the plastic housing of the IDP-30. You would have to remove the IDP-30 to see it or else feel the back of the housing below all of those red wires. I wonder if FWC removed it and installed it into the position shown in your photograph or if they simply added a second one. Having it in the location you do allows easier access for adding/modifying wiring. Nice to have the capability to add circuits to suit your needs. Thanks for sharing.

AK
I checked the back of the fuse panel the "bus" is there. it looks like FWC added another one for the neg - side.........good luck let me know if you need anything i'll post photos...

Jeff since these photos I installed Boston Acustics separates photos in my Gallery. I bought book shelf speakers by sony for the out side the truck

Jeff Yes the speakers are flush mounted BA's I had those for a long time and decided to use them in the camper.

Back
Top Bottom