12v AC plugin not working-unsure how to trouble shoot

shear

The jack where you plug in was loose and after thinking I fixed it, it still didn't work. It had been working as well. How do you get into the small space above the icebox to see all of the wires and where they go without ripping apart the countertop? Everything else works off of the aux battery (lights, etc.)

I have a 2005 Eagle as well.

You mean the 110 to the converter? On mine if you pull out the silverware drawer and unscrew one panel you have decent access. Not sure about an Eagle.

Have you checked the fuse?In my 2003 Eagle there is a fuse labled 12volt outlet.

The fuse is fine and we even bypassed the switch beside the outlet to see if the switch was bad. I just don't know how to get inside the counter to see where the wires actually go or if there is a better way to figure out what is happening. It worked a few days ago and the wire connecting the switch to the outlet itself came unscrewed. I screwed it back on but it doesn't work now and I can't figure out how to trouble shoot it.

If you have a multimeter check to make sure the wires to the socket have connectivity. If so then it's probably a bad socket, sometimes the positive contact gets broken or corroded. If it's corroded you could probably clean it off.

You probably have a wire that came loose.Use a 12v test light to determine if the ground or pos in the socket is the culprit.Hook your test light to a known + and test the ground on your socket.If the ground is good the lite will lite up.Then test the center of the socket( +) to a known ground.After figuring this out you will have to chase the wires.My guess is you have a bad ground.My 12v outlet has 4 screws that hold the socket and switch assy in place.It is the only easy access with out tearing stuff apart.You should be able to work through that cut out.I had remove it to tighten the socket once.It should not be to hard to figure out.I have also had some 12v plugs that did not make good contact with the 12v socket.

Back
Top Bottom