Man, its tempting to pull the trigger.

Not sure why the url isn't working but its
www.compactappliance.com then look for 12v
freezers.

Man, its tempting to pull the trigger.

Not sure why the url isn't working but its
www.compactappliance.com then look for 12v
freezers.

Engel MT45 "sale" price goes from $850 to $804. Too bad it isn't 20% off like some other products or I'd buy it now. Free shipping and no sales tax may be worth it for some.

The Engel MT45 uses 1/2 the amount of current as the FP430 - EdgeStar. I have one on order from Jay Aronow as soon as my ATC Ocelot is ready.

Attachments

• IMGP3603_2.JPG
    IMGP3603_2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 108
The Engel MT45 uses 1/2 the amount of current as the FP430 - EdgeStar. I have one on order from Jay Aronow as soon as my ATC Ocelot is ready.

I just connected the dots on who you were talking about, do you have to contact him directly for pricing? It appears he might carry a few products but it just links over to the manufacturers page. http://jayaronowcampersales.com/Accessories.html Just curious for future reference.

I did not pull the trigger. Tempting as it was. I hate losing food to melting ice. But, that amp draw is interesting. Not sure why there'd be that much since the basically all use the same system. My undertanding is theres just two systems and they aren't that dissimilar?

I just connected the dots on who you were talking about, do you have to contact him directly for pricing? It appears he might carry a few products but it just links over to the manufacturers page. http://jayaronowcampersales.com/Accessories.html Just curious for future reference.

Yes, I think Jay is just getting his website together now. I know he has already put an order in to Engel and the units are to arrive soon. I guess you'd contact him directly for prices etc. I could have my Engel now but I'll save shipping by waiting until Jay delivers my ATC.

I recently installed a solar system and was curious about how much current it would take to keep an Engel fridge happy. Are you planning to run solar? If so, how large of a panel? I think their website said maximum was 3 amps.

So far, I haven't been planning to run solar. I'll see if I run my secondary battery down or not. I seem to do more cold weather than warm weather camping, sometimes my biggest problem is keeping my icebox contents from freezing!

Gene,
Your MT45 will be in stock in just a couple of days. Shipping to you would only be $46 if you want to be able use it before I deliver your Ocelot. Just let me know what you wish.

Gene,
Your MT45 will be in stock in just a couple of days. Shipping to you would only be $46 if you want to be able use it before I deliver your Ocelot. Just let me know what you wish.

Jay, that's cool, I can wait for the Engel until you bring the ATC. When you deliver the Ocelot, did you say you would have the Bobcat on the trailer as well? I ask because I have a friend here who may want to buy it. What options did you order for the Bobcat, ie: furnace, fridge etc?

Gene I'll have a Bobcat and a Cougar as well as your Ocelot with me. The Bobcat is a standard model with a furnace. The Cougar is the dinette model with a furnace and a shelf for a cooler or stand alone (Engel MT45) fridge/freezer.

Gen I'll have a Bobcat and a Cougar as well as your Ocelot with me. The Bobcat is a standard model with a furnace. The Cougar is the dinette model with a furnace and a shelf for a cooler or stand alone (Engel MT45) fridge/freezer.

I'll ask my buddy. I think all he wanted was a furnace. I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom