1978 FWC New Owner

Image1512357483.561400.jpgImage1512357496.743867.jpg

Took apart the door, This thing is nasty.

Image1512432155.907554.jpg

Decided to paint it completely white, Except the Window frames. Those will have a black trim.

This is just one wall, but it looks good so far.

Need to either tape the old “FWC” logo, or find peel and replace. Maybe someone makes these vintage logos?

Image1512533797.819523.jpg
I think the back turned out pretty cool, I will most likely make a access panel with some of the remaining diamond plating.

I bought a 5x4 piece for $68, and used the majority of it.

Image1512533915.482509.jpg

Pulling old buytl tape off of aluminum windows is pretty fun. There is still a bunch of dead hornets hanging out in the big window that I need to dispose of.

I am also considering changing the rubber gaskets that holds the window to the frame. They are hard as a rock, but not sure I want to take one more thing apart. Anyone replace these before?

I took one of my windows apart to see if I could match the rubber moulding, and came up empty. Left the rest as is.

IMG_0161.JPG

Trying to get the door back together, has a few steps. I added another brace opposite of the door knob hole, to keep the window frame a little tighter. The bottom window likes to slide off of it tracks, and had been duct taped closed. It might have been gorilla tape. To be honest, the worst part about the door so far has to be all of the strips and strips of weather sealant that were added to this door frame over the years. The latch hole looked like it had been broken into, so I riveted on a strip of metal back in place.

IMG_0163.JPG

Westin Rubber Bed Mat showed up yesterday. This was like $70 for my truck. I will need to cut some holes in it to access the bed bolts, and build some brackets to be slightly wider, for my tiedown points for the FWC.

Back
Top Bottom