1978 FWC New Owner

IMG_0186.JPG

She is not perfect, but I think it will do.

Be carful PorterCassidy that rear tire is low might rub a bunch of knobbies off the tire.

Just kidding. Congrats on the camper looks great, just in time for a New year run.

Russ

Living The Dream said:
wow, you made seriously quick work of that. excellent job!
Thanks Tim

Everyone here has been super supportive, and I still have plenty to finish.

Luckily it rained the first night, and there is a roof leak. So I will need to work on the upper section soon. But at least I will be able to use my garage a little more.

Next is working on the tie down points in the bed of my truck. So I will need to do some metal work.

Having a step into and out of the camper is mandatory. The motorcycle jack that I was using was awesome to have in the dark.

Porter,

I used the super struts tie downs on my setup as well, and I’m very satisfied knowing they aren’t going anywhere.

What are you using for the camper attachment points? You can make them out of angle iron with two or three bolts going through a plate inside and through the floor pack to the outside angle iron. Check out my post if you want some pics.

Poky

PokyBro said:
Porter,

I used the super struts tie downs on my setup as well, and I’m very satisfied knowing they aren’t going anywhere.

What are you using for the camper attachment points? You can make them out of angle iron with two or three bolts going through a plate inside and through the floor pack to the outside angle iron. Check out my post if you want some pics.

Poky
Pokey

I currently went with a 4 1/2” bolts through the floor pack, although I will eventually do a more bombproof 2 plated system to lose the nut on the inside of the camper.
IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

Wish I would have installed a deadbolt lock, while I had the door torn apart. I worry that my door will Houdini itself open while I am driving down the road. I do have a deadbolt laying around from when I remodeled my house.

Maybe I install the deadbolt into the door knob area I have now, and install a RV door latch instead?

IMG_1476.JPG

Made a access panel with a key turn lock out of some left over Diamond plating I had. Porch light installed. Power converter face, cigarette adaptor, 2 USB ports, and a display to show my battery lvl. Thermostat, and master switch.

I am going to add an extra furnace duct out the face of this as well, to help disperse the heat to more places than my legs while I sleep.

You can also see my circular access ports for my front tie down area.

Back
Top Bottom