1994 Eagle (?)

Mskevtastic

I’m in my first year of owning an oldie but goody FWC. I was passed a Manila folder with some of the previous owner’s hand written notes but am left wanting confirmation. I believe I have a 1994 Eagle, but limited literature from this era makes it hard for me to know for sure. In a parts ordering conversation earlier this spring, my photos were offered to be passed on to the infamous Stan, but I have not yet heard back. Hoping the hive mind of this forum may be able to help. I’ve relied heavily so far on the breadth of knowledge available in these postings.

Kristin

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 76
Hi Kristin, welcome to WTW! :)

For anything serious, I’d call Marty at ATC, there’s a good chance he and the now retired Jeff built your camper. I suspect the smaller issues can be addressed here on WTW. Let the questions fly.

BTW, the gang at ATC does work on older 4WCs. Their prices are reasonable, their work excellent. If you need new lift panels or canvas, this would be my first call.

Welcome to Wander the West. Around 1994 FWC made two models that fit smaller trucks, the Ranger and the Ranger II. The Ranger went on an 8' bed and the Ranger II on a 6' bed. Many of these had full backs with stop and signal lights incorporated. These models also had longer cabovers 36" or 39" if my old memory is working. The early Hawks and Grandbys and Fleets had a very short cabover. The Ranger II model became the Eagle, possibly around the time they went from the tan colored sideliner to the gray with exterior flaps.

Our first camper was a Ranger II - Our First Camper

Thank you, everyone! Ski3pin I’ve read A LOT of what you’ve written. Wandering sagebrush, the vinyl and lift panels are in surprisingly good shape. A couple of pinholes that, at the risk of jinxing myself, haven’t let any significant water in yet with the exception of when I first acquired it and it was missing the front passenger clip. I’m assuming that may have led to the pinholes to begin with as it spent the winter previous to my purchase outside with that clip missing. The freeze thaw cycle in the northeast is not kind. I camp nearly exclusively on an oversand barrier beach and have been applying the 303 UV protectant with the hopes of extending the life of the vinyl as long as possible. I’m wondering if there’s anything else I should be doing to mitigate the salt spray? I’m also wondering if someone had reinforced the seams with a less desirable product as the goo factor is intense or if it’s pretty standard for a camper of this vintage. I’d like to clean up the goo without causing any damage. My fall projects will likely be a deep roof cleaning and resealing of roof screws as well as a coat of paint on the underside. Thank you all again!

Back
Top Bottom