2001 Sunlite Eagle Short Bed Slide in Pop up Camper SOLD

pdsftw

2001 Sunlite Eagle SB 6.5 bed
JhUbJXH.jpg

Asking $4000 on this forum. Posted to CL for more. With the full price I am including the frame mounted tie downs and/or turnbuckles you see on the truck in the picture. With the 200 watts of solar, roof rack, recently installed 3qf 3-way fridge, etc...I think this is a reasonable deal to get into a truck camper.

Wheel Well Width 44"
Made for 6.5' bed.
Height Closed is about 4' 6"
Interior Height when open is about 6'6"
Overall length 12'
Overall width: 7'

I am selling my slide-in pop-up camper. If you have a full size, short bed truck then these things are great. They weigh about 950-1100lbs (adding gear and fluids increases that). You can haul them with a half ton but I would recommend a 3/4 ton or better. If you have a half ton, you definitely need some beefy leaf springs. It's nice to have air bags as well.

This camper has been with me for the last 30K miles all over the US. It's been reliable the whole time. It's not pretty to look at, but you can take it anywhere and sleep comfortably. There is hail damage on the roof. There are no leaks, but there are dents. Anything that looked remotely serious, I filled in with some nice RV sealant.

QFKYbef.jpg

IOVSbXZ.jpg

hfGyVlO.jpg

AWYN7dr.jpg

Y4SzjGY.jpg

8Zx82Iw.jpg

QHrRVSY.jpg

3eFmvH9.jpg

- I reupholstered the camper totally and pulled out some of the frilly window dressings and stuff. It had all the tacky RVer crap in there - I like plain and simple.
-Frame mounted tie downs for camper - I will include these if paying the full asking price.
-200 Watt solar up top - never had and issue with keeping enough juice in the battery for me using it. Really the battery just runs the lights and the water pump when you need it as well as any accessories you want to plug in- $800
- I installed a new fantastic fan that runs off of DC power.
-1 AGM battery in camper. There is space to run two and the solar charge controller can handle two batteries, but I have never needed more than one.
- I went over the exterior and resealed just about any seam you can think of. Doesnt look factory perfect, but it's definitely robust.
- Sink with electric pump
- Lots of windows/light
- Two-burner propane stove
- 3 way Dometic fridge. I run it on propane usually and it lasts and lasts. I seem to get about 2 weeks use out of one 20lb tank - that's with some cooking (once a day) on the stove top.
- Probably about a 15 gallon water tank for the sink.
- No hot water - that's one thing I would add - I have been using a solar shower.
- 30 exterior plug for shore power but I have never needed it. The solar panels keep things topped up
- I added LED lights in the camper for better battery life.
- There is storage under the bed for gear/clothes.
-I have also added a roof rack and tracks up top. I would only strap lighter things down on the roof as it would make it tough to crank up and down with a lot of weight up there.
- I have the 4 corner jacks for taking this off and on the truck. It's a fairly simple operation but on my truck I do have to take the rear swing outs off as they get in the way. Also have a drill bit to make raising and lowering easier.
- Propane heater and thermostat. I have camped in this thing below freezing and it works fine. The heater fan is fairly noisy but it can keep the camper nice and warm.
- The table can collapse into an extra bed. I have never done this, but might be nice for a small family.
- The rigid LED lights on the side of the camper will stay with me.

The great part about this camper is that you dont need to wire it into your truck...it's totally independent. That saves time and parts and is just much simpler.

Feel free to email with questions.

philip sterling at gmail dot com

Also, I might be willing to deliver or meet half way for a delivery cost should I have some guarantees. Thanks!

Thought I would add some pictures of the camper in it's element:

u9eTIbb.jpg

GXIZy75.jpg

kaSCQD1.jpg

6OZ3CPG.jpg

Apv6ZPX.jpg

I took it off and installed a fantastic fan in it's place. It was too inefficient as I pretty much only boondock. The AC needs to run off of AC power and the fan can run a long time (and throw more air) on DC power. Granted it wouldnt be as comfortable in hot climates, but then again, I try to avoid camping where it's too hot at night.

Sorry I didnt explain this in this post - I did in the truck/camper combo post.

Back
Top Bottom