2003 Eagle on 03 Tundra lots of Mods

The Next Adventures said:
Modifications inside the Tundra cab were minimal. I replaced all interior lights with leds and removed the back seat. After removing the seat I put 1" thick closed cell foam across the area where the seat use to be for sound deading. Then finished it over the top with carpet. On one side of this space houses a stack of drawers that holds the majority of our clothing. This has worked out very solid and is very convenient over having bins stacked that have to be removed or shuffled around to open.
attachicon.gif
DSCN0109.JPG

The other side is where the majority of my tools are stored and a 14' inflatable kayak. The Dog rides on top of the kayak.
attachicon.gif
kaleb thenextadventures.jpg
We have made some of the same mods to our truck.Back when we had the Bobcat on the 06 Ford Ranger we used the rear seat area for 2 plastic drawer sets and a plug in cooler.
On our 02 Tundra I also removed the rear seat and built space for 2 larger 3 drawer plastic file cabinets and a TruckFridge cooler in the middle.
All works great and gives a lot of useable storage.
Enjoyed all your mods.
Frank

Joshua,

I love this thread. And now that you are on the road, I'd love to know which mods are working for you. Which don't. Which you'd redo. There's nothing like real world experience. Is there? I'm sure others would also gain from your real world experience.

I am following your adventure with Shannon through Latin America with great interest. In 2008/09 I traveled from the east coast of Canada to Ushuaia, and back, by motorcycle. 36,000 miles in 8 months. I'd love to do it again. Or something similar. But in a camper this time. And over a longer period of time. So I follow your adventures with great interest.

Best,
Robert

In the picture of the water pump & filter, what is the small unit to the right of the pump, with a clear bowl on the bottom? Also, which Everpure cartridge are you using?

Thanks,

- Bernard

bfh4n said:
In the picture of the water pump & filter, what is the small unit to the right of the pump, with a clear bowl on the bottom? Also, which Everpure cartridge are you using?

Thanks,

- Bernard
Hi Bernard,
The unit with the clear bowl on the bottom is a small strainer that everpure sells. Its basically a fine mesh screen and the clear bowl comes off to clean out any debris it catches. I am using the everpure adc cartridges. This system uses the super chlorination method. The filter does a great job of removing the chlorine taste. The water tastes great and I am a bit of a snob about the water I use for my morning coffee. Most important we have not been sick yet and have been on the road 7 months now.

Living 2.0 said:
Joshua,

I love this thread. And now that you are on the road, I'd love to know which mods are working for you. Which don't. Which you'd redo. There's nothing like real world experience. Is there? I'm sure others would also gain from your real world experience.

I am following your adventure with Shannon through Latin America with great interest. In 2008/09 I traveled from the east coast of Canada to Ushuaia, and back, by motorcycle. 36,000 miles in 8 months. I'd love to do it again. Or something similar. But in a camper this time. And over a longer period of time. So I follow your adventures with great interest.

Best,
Robert
Hi Robert,
Your trip sounds epic, there and back in 8 months is a lot of riding. So far we are very happy with all the mods and how they have performed. I did have to make a slight modification to the grey water tank. It was so airtight it would not drain. So I simply added a small hole on top for air to escape so it drains fast. One item we are ditching is the outdoor tent that attaches to the awning. We have only used it a few times so we are sending it back to the states with someone that is visiting us. The choice to get a four wheel camper paired with our Toyota Tundra for this trip has been superior. We have had no restrictions to what we can access and the truck has plenty of power. 85+mph on the highways and steep rocky hill climbs have been with ease. Our solar/ battery setup has provided an excess of power. We have never had to plugin. The blue sea USB charging ports I installed get a lot of use and this eliminates using the inverter. Being able to cook outside has been great. The propane quick connects make it simple. The custom bed pads I had made from jacks plastic welding are priceless. We sleep better than we have anywhere else. This is some of the mods we use the most but all are working out good. I'll keep you updated as I estimate we have another 24,000 miles or so to go.

Back
Top Bottom