2005+ Tacoma Owners

It strikes me a FWC issue and they need to solve it for you guys. If this many are failing on this forum its warranty work.

Info for Tacoma Owners

It strikes me a FWC issue and they need to solve it for you guys. If this many are failing on this forum its warranty work.

I agree, especially since it happened on my first off road experience with the Eagle. Glad I didn't get a heavier camper like the new Hallmark or Alaskan. Anyway I heard from the service dept at FWC and they are working on beefier bracket for the 2005+ bed. In the meantime a beefier turnbuckle was recommended to me by FWC to hold the camper more securely to the Tacoma bed because it has more flex than a metal bed. I'm looking into this befor my next trip in a few weeks.

Right on FWC

Very glad to hear that the FWC crew are working on this! We are past warranty, but that certainly would not stop us from buying a fix.

For those who posted about the second hole in the bar, here's the story. The bars are cut to fit either forward or rear. The bolts for the forward bar, which bolt into the frame, are adjacent to the turnbuckle slots. This is why the forward bar has not bent. Unfortunately, the frame comes closer together for the rear bar, so the bolts are 6" in from the turn buckle slots.

Back
Top Bottom