2006 Hawk Hot Water Heater Not Lighting

RamblinRoger

Hello WTW Folks,

I am unable to get the pilot to light on the hot water heater in my 2006 Hawk.
The pilot light will eventually ignite if I use a butane lighter but take a long time.
The main burner will then also ignite. But after a couple minutes both go off. The water is heated only to warm at that point.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ramblin'Roger

After my propane fridge has been tuned off and not in use for months, I have had trouble getting a pilot light on a propane fridge to stay lit.

My problem is rust/dirt in the orifice. Lots of blasting with compressed air eventually gets things working but it sometimes takes several attempts over a few days.

The lines usually get clogged over the years.

You might need a new line set.

Something like this.

(new thermocoupler and new pilot light feed line)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G9HWZI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And then blow out the bigger air/propane mixture tube with compressed air.

I've replaced a few over the years.

Usually fire right back up again after cleaning and replacing that part linked above, if nothing else is wrong.

I had a similar problem with our Norcold N300 refrigerator. After fooling atound with the burner for too long I searched online for replacement parts, bought a replacement burner and installed it. Problem solved.

I recommend starting with the burner replacement. If that doesn't do the trick then yu can move on to replacing other parts (thermocouple, etc).

DanoT said:
After my propane fridge has been tuned off and not in use for months, I have had trouble getting a pilot light on a propane fridge to stay lit.

My problem is rust/dirt in the orifice. Lots of blasting with compressed air eventually gets things working but it sometimes takes several attempts over a few days.
Thanks for your feedback DanoT. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom