2008 tacoma build up #4 receiver hitch carriers

questin from alex on carrier

the first picture shows carrier, all the carriers i've seen are all the same so the first pic shows the mounting points they would not show if can was out of carrier. using the existing holes that are in carrier the added strap goes from carrier holes to the camper jack bracket,because it did not line up with factory hole i did drill new hole in jack bracket.i showed what i did and how i did carrier your ideas might be differant. hope that answers your questin!drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

got it. the bottom triangle support the vertical load and the "|--" bracket supports the lateral movement. Thanks!!

Attaching to the jack supports.

Attaching stuff to the jack supports as a way to stabilize dynamic loads sounds like a good idea.

Slightly off topic, I finally got word that the Lincoln Weldpak that was on back order/rain ticket arrive yesterday. I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, and I'm sure I'll have a learning curve, but I can't wait to get started. I also found a local supplier of stock material. Les, please keep posting your mods. I like them all.

Back
Top Bottom