2012 Klamath Eagles

You know, I have shown all of you nothing but kindness. Providing beers, building fires, letting you have a laugh at my expense. And this is the response I get. This is just the type of thing that might push someone less stable than me over the edge. I'm just saying.

BTW, where exactly will all of you be camping this upcoming holiday weekend? I'll bring my axe... to chop firewood, of course.

I'm not afraid, Ted!
smile.gif

I hope we can meet in the eastern Sierra when I'm over there. (Feb 14 - 24) And, yes, please bring your axe -- I'm too lazy to make a fire myself, but I don't mind enjoying somebody else's efforts.
biggrin.gif

How do I recognize criminal psychosis? I'm at home with people with axes and chainsaws and such. A quick look at their shoes will tell me how skilled they are. I am unfamiliar with psychosis.

I decided to marry a psych nurse.
cool.gif

I think I'm lucky my broken tooth is keeping me inside this weekend, with my bottle of vodka and my faithful dog "Bob"! ;) Give me time to go find a very big ax (or a bigger gun) before I brave the wilds again! Just kidding, adventuring with axes is fun-right? Second thought, wonder if old "Wolfie (OR-7) wants some company!:LOL: Maybe like to go for a ride-along, chop some wood or something.

Smoke

Well,we had a very enjoyable visit with the Teds.Ted was a perfect guest even brought me a special beer "Pliny the Elder" really liked that brew.I think Pliny is one of my Italian ancestors but you know all us Italians are related. Ted didn't even mention his axe but I saw it lurking behind the rear window of the camper ready at a moments notice.

Thanks Ted for the beer and good company.See you both out camping sometime.

Frank

Well,we had a very enjoyable visit with the Teds.Ted was a perfect guest even brought me a special beer "Pliny the Elder" really liked that brew.I think Pliny is one of my Italian ancestors but you know all us Italians are related. Ted didn't even mention his axe but I saw it lurking behind the rear window of the camper ready at a moments notice.

Frank

Man! My sister lives near the Russian River Brewing Co. and even she (family!) doesn't bring me Pliny the Elder. Ted must be the nicest ax-wielding maniac out there.

FWIW: According to the reviews compiled on the this beer review site, ratebeer.com, "Pliny the Elder" is only the 16th best beer in the world, while "Pliny the Younger" is 7th:

ratebeer best top 50 beers 2012

Note that Bend's own Deschutes Brewery (Bend's oldest -- of many -- microbrewery) produced the 10th best beer in the world -- "The Abyss" (Imperial Stout).
The Abyss was the "featured" beer around the New Years Eve campfire I attended at Pike Creek, Steens-east/Alvord a few weeks ago. I don't drink anymore...but those who imbibed described it as "intense" and "rich". I think it's more of a sauce than a beverage...
tongue.gif

CameraZOOM-20111231221515567.jpg

Ratebeer also has rankings by style (IPA, Lager, etc.) for 2012 (and previous years) elsewhere on the site.

Like all rankings/ratings based on volunteered opinions, this isn't a scientific poll (AFAIK). It doesn't represent a random sampling of all informed/experienced/sophisticated beer samplers -- just those who have bothered to register and vote on this site.
That being said, those near the top probably aren't bad.

FWIW: According to the reviews compiled on the this beer review site, ratebeer.com, "Pliny the Elder" is only the 16th best beer in the world, while "Pliny the Younger" is 7th:

ratebeer best top 50 beers 2012

Note that Bend's own Deschutes Brewery (Bend's oldest -- of many -- microbrewery) produced the 10th best beer in the world -- "The Abyss" (Imperial Stout).
The Abyss was the "featured" beer around the New Years Eve campfire I attended at Pike Creek, Steens-east/Alvord a few weeks ago. I don't drink anymore...but those who imbibed described it as "intense" and "rich". I think it's more of a sauce than a beverage... :p
View attachment 13688

Ratebeer also has rankings by style (IPA, Lager, etc.) for 2012 (and previous years) elsewhere on the site.

Like all rankings/ratings based on volunteered opinions, this isn't a scientific poll (AFAIK). It doesn't represent a random sampling of all informed/experienced/sophisticated beer samplers -- just those who have bothered to register and vote on this site.
That being said, those near the top probably aren't bad.

I vote to drink!:p no matter what! Never been to pine creek, but a good beer would probably make the experience better! Me thinks, the taste is what counts-not the hipe!:cool:

Smoke

Did you meet in the hospital?
A time or two, yes. We mostly meet other places, though.

Wow! :eek: Do tell.

Frank

Frank, thank you both for a pleasant visit and lots of great advice for our Alaska trip. We look forward to sharing travel stories around a campfire.

I have heard of RateBeer but follow Beer Advocate myself. Here is their Top 100. The Abyss and Pliney are up there in any list you find. Suffice to say I'm a beer snob and any of these make me happy. My preference is for double IPA's so Pliney works for me. And it is very difficult to get out of their limited distribution area. So I try to pick it up when I'm in the area and share the goodness with my fellow imbibers. :D

Cheers, Ted

BTW, MarkBC, sorry that your trip report has been completely hijacked. May I suggest any future posts about beer or supposed axe murderers be posted in new threads.

BTW, MarkBC, sorry that your trip report has been completely hijacked. May I suggest any future posts about beer or supposed axe murderers be posted in new threads.

No problem...I contributed to the off-topicality as much as anyone.
biggrin.gif

I considered posting the "ratebeer" stuff as a new topic in the "Cooking/Beer" forum, then decided...who cares?!
tongue.gif

(If this was a technical/gear/troubleshooting thread it'd be different.)

Back
Top Bottom