2015/16 Grandby Porch Light

Replaced my amber LED bulb with a 340 lumen white, it's bright enough for outdoor cooking at the rear of my camper. Ron

RV Boat LED Light Bulb 340 LUM 120 Degree 1156/1141 8-30v 12 or 24v 5050189 Paid $9.95

nikonron said:
Replaced my amber LED bulb with a 340 lumen white, it's bright enough for outdoor cooking at the rear of my camper. Ron

RV Boat LED Light Bulb 340 LUM 120 Degree 1156/1141 8-30v 12 or 24v 5050189 Paid $9.95
Can you make that link work?
Nevermind I was able to find it...Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

nikonron said:
Just copied that from where I had purchased it on Ebay. Just search, there are several on there. Ron
Does the base swivel?

Sent from my XT1254 using Wander The West mobile app

So we're back in Mexico (for a while now) and I tore apart the light the other day. After swapping in the new bulb it was obviously something else. The switch seemed obvious since there was power to it. Shorting around the switch lit up the light, so being on a remote beach in Baja I tore the switch apart and jimmied things around, jammed a piece of plastic inside it and now it seems to work. For now.

I'm sure I'll end up replacing it, or bypassing the switch entirely. It would be nice to move it inside. Does anyone know where I can get switches like the ones FWC used in the panel near door, just above the floor? We don't have many options so we're only using one of the four places. I'd love to wire some other things into switches, and it would be nice to match the existing ones.

pawleyk said:
So we're back in Mexico (for a while now) and I tore apart the light the other day. After swapping in the new bulb it was obviously something else. The switch seemed obvious since there was power to it. Shorting around the switch lit up the light, so being on a remote beach in Baja I tore the switch apart and jimmied things around, jammed a piece of plastic inside it and now it seems to work. For now.

I'm sure I'll end up replacing it, or bypassing the switch entirely. It would be nice to move it inside. Does anyone know where I can get switches like the ones FWC used in the panel near door, just above the floor? We don't have many options so we're only using one of the four places. I'd love to wire some other things into switches, and it would be nice to match the existing ones.
Call FWC service. They will sell you one to go into any empty spots. I bought one a year or so ago that snapped right into any empty slot.

Paul

Porch light switch on Grandby puts out short burst of light, then nothing. Tested positive lead to switch and got juice ok. I didn't have any electrical contact cleaner and didn't want to spent $7+ and wait a few days for it. Just used cotton tip soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean to switch contact, and works fine now.

Ours was definitely the switch. I ended up just wiring the original switch out of the loop, adding an LED strip below the camper directly illuminating the ladder, and wired the whole mess to a new switch on the stock panel just inside the door.

Back
Top Bottom