2016 BLACK ROCK RENDEZVOUS, Gerlach, NV

GroovyDad

If anyone's looking for something fun to do this Memorial Day, you should consider the 2016 Black Rock Rendezvous, which is an annual event sponsored by "Friends of Nevada Wilderness," "Friends of the Black Rock High Rock" and the "Nevada Outdoor School." There are tons of events, outings, lectures and service projects in which you can participate. We camp on, or near the Black Rock playa, depending on the conditions at the time.

Click on the link below for full details:

2016 BLACK ROCK RENDEZVOUS

I've gone to a few of these and I look forward to them every year.

Last year there were four of five pop-ups and we formed a little village of our own.

BRR.jpg

Here's a link from my Blog from last year's visit

http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/2015_05_01_archive.html

This looks like an interesting gathering. I have always wondered what the Black rock area looks like minus the Burning Man. I might join in with the missus and the toddler. Do you know if it would be wise to bring along a dualsport bike to ride around the area?

I have been on that bit of desert many times and a dual sport bike with the right tires would be a lot of fun.

srileo said:
This looks like an interesting gathering. I have always wondered what the Black rock area looks like minus the Burning Man. I might join in with the missus and the toddler. Do you know if it would be wise to bring along a dualsport bike to ride around the area?
I think a dual sport would be a GREAT way to explore this area. After seeing some of "Park's" postings in his "Nowhere to Be" blog on this forum, I've wondered if a dual sport is in my future. I'll have to wait until the kids are out of the house and the dog's dead before I go that way, but it would definitely open up a lot of add'l options.

I've had a great time at the BRR every time I've gone. If you go, look me up, I'll be in a dark blue Tacoma with an ATC Bobcat and a goofy yellow lab.

I'm considering it. I'd like a dual sport too but I have the same problem, what to do with the dog? By the time he passes I'll probably be to old to ride a dirt bike :sneaky:

Lost five hours of production today. Keeping my fingers crossed the bosses want a three day weekend too.

Back
Top Bottom