2016 Nissan Titan Cummins Diesel half ton

anonymous

Advanced Member
Anyone been following this truck? Due out this fall. Payl0ad doesn't sound great at "2000 pounds" which probably means alot less for a 4x4 crew, but besides that it looks pretty awesome. Any opinions?

2000# seems pretty decent considering other 1/2 tons on the market. Extended cabs will be less....I read an article last month From Toyota's CEO regarding Toyota's decision to drop out of the 1/2 ton diesel market. Seems like a mistake to me, but then I have been a Toyota fan for many years. Wish they would make a 3/4 ton with the same quality as their present trucks.

A few months ago I was able to see and touch the yellow crew cab at one of those coffee and cars gatherings. The truck looks better in person then in the pictures. It is a very nice truck. This was in the high end trim level with a well laid out dash. The diesel looked shoe horned in but all fluids were easily accessible. I had put off buying a new truck until these new Nissan's had come out. The only thing that stopped me from waiting longer was a good point my wife mentioned, this would be the first model year and some times they can be trouble prone. That and it would have ended up being around the holidays before a purchase could be made. But if someone is looking to buy a truck next year the Nissan should be considered. Just my two cents worth.

Mike

NorCalHawk said:
Wish they would make a 3/4 ton with the same quality as their present trucks.
Agreed. Love Toyotas but I need a longer bed with a crew cab and more payload for a camper. I can't see a new tundra design until 17 or 18 and who knows they may target fuel economy over function

simimike said:
A few months ago I was able to see and touch the yellow crew cab at one of those coffee and cars gatherings. The truck looks better in person then in the pictures. It is a very nice truck. This was in the high end trim level with a well laid out dash. The diesel looked shoe horned in but all fluids were easily accessible. I had put off buying a new truck until these new Nissan's had come out. The only thing that stopped me from waiting longer was a good point my wife mentioned, this would be the first model year and some times they can be trouble prone. That and it would have ended up being around the holidays before a purchase could be made. But if someone is looking to buy a truck next year the Nissan should be considered. Just my two cents worth.

Mike
Did u buy something else then? I'm waiting to see the titan too.

anonymous said:
That's your actual payload or best case?
That's from the Chevy web site. I went to all the manufactures web sites and built various trucks. When I built the Chevy equipped the way I wanted that is the payload shown. Actually it's rated at 2270 LBS.

UPDATE: You got me wondering so I checked the sticker on the B-pillar. It says 2120 LBS. payload. The difference may be the weight of the 4X4 system.

simimike said:
That's from the Chevy web site. I went to all the manufactures web sites and built various trucks. When I built the Chevy equipped the way I wanted that is the payload shown. Actually it's rated at 2270 LBS.

UPDATE: You got me wondering so I checked the sticker on the B-pillar. It says 2120 LBS. payload. The difference may be the weight of the 4X4 system.
Do you mean 2500 HD? I can't find a 1500 HD

snuffy is correct, The HD option is called the Max trailering package. You have to upgrade to the LT trim for it to show up on the option list.

simimike said:
snuffy is correct, The HD option is called the Max trailering package. You have to upgrade to the LT trim for it to show up on the option list.
I did not know this was an option. You must have a 5.3 with a double cab? I want a crewcab which looks like it would have 1970 lbs of payload with this option, which ain't bad. I'm going off the Chevy site, even though I'm looking at a GMC; GMC's site doesn't show the payload gain but I would assume it to be the same with this package. You need to really to do some internet research figure these trucks out anymore.

Anyways, are you carrying a camper with your 1500? How does it perform? Do you know what size brakes you have? I'm really interested in this setup

Back
Top Bottom