2017 Ford Transit battery questions

Happyjax

Hi my knowledgeable friends,

I have a buddy who camps in his 2017 Ford Transit. He built a bed and shelves and he and his wife use it extensively:) He is thinking of replacing the AGM's and called to ask some advice.

He was under the impression that with the 2 battery setup 1 was for starting the truck and 1 was a house battery. BTW they are under the drivers seat....

I thought they might be tied together. I had him test voltages and they were both 12.47. Seems to me they are together. If anyone has better knowledge about that it would help :)

Assuming they are tied together is it okay to get 2 new batteries and separate them? There is no winch or snow plough so I don't think he needs 2 starting batteries. Best ideas how to do that including the option of adding a solar panel for the house battery.

I know you folks will have good ideas for us and we thank you!

Jackie

Get the schematic for that system if you want to know for sure. probably avail. online for free.

Beach said:
Get the schematic for that system if you want to know for sure. probably avail. online for free.
I looked for it with no success. Can you throw me a link or message the pic? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom