2022 Potato Creek State Park

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Last week we took a short trip to Potato Creek State Park, just south of South Bend, IN, 2 hour drive from home.

10 days before we left the weather called for several days of rain and temperatures in the 70's. Surprise! Surprise. After the first day we had temps at 88-89, with a real feel of 93. Northern Indiana, Early May, no way. Having air condition in our new Oliver Travel Trailer made life way more bearable.

Our daughters Godmother spent one day with us, and it was great to talk about old times in Michigan City / LaPorte, IN

On our last full day we drove into South Bend and visited the Studebaker Museum.

Please enjoy and click on the photos to enlarge. Click on the link.

2022 - Potato Creek State Park

Very nice, JD. I like that Oliver camper!

The A/C in our hardside popup has helped provide many nights of "in transit" comfort as we overnight on the roads to and from the West. We wouldn't be without it.

I just read a lengthy article about the Avanti and its unique 289 cu in engine. I'd thought for my whole gearhead life that their 289 was a Ford engine so it was interesting to be corrected. Nice looking museum!

Foy

This was a very nice trip for you! My first car was an early 60's Studebaker Lark. You brought back memories. John Studebaker got his start - down the hill from us - making wheelbarrows for miners during the California Gold Rush. Our county fair's big event is the Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom