2nd Annual AZ Pop-Up Bowl

Tell me the dates again.

October 9-10-11 - AZ

Sept 11-12-13 - CO

Barko - if there is a way to not do the spincter clinchers, I may do the CO run - I thought they were doing the Alpine Loop - which is pretty much makes me askeered.

October 9-10-11 - AZ

Sept 11-12-13 - CO

Barko - if there is a way to not do the spincter clinchers, I may do the CO run - I thought they were doing the Alpine Loop - which is pretty much makes me askeered.

I can't guarantee a long stay but I should be able stop by for a beer. I'll buy!!

October 9-10-11 - AZ

Sept 11-12-13 - CO

I think there are a number of options. I think the biggest challenge on the Alpine Loop would be a section of Engineer Pass (please share your opinions). I haven't been there so I don't have 1st hand knowledge. I know I'd be willing to run back up Stony Pass, or the Red Mountain area up to US Basin, or Clear Lake and Sunday I might do Ophir if I want to end up on the Telluride side and head to Moab (just depends, partly weather). None of those areas are killers but they do have some challenges but my Longbed ext cab rally didn't have any problems. I found a link to a video on the road to US Basin. It doesn't show the few more challenging spots but it does show what a cool road it is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty-mN2NS7uc There is another lower section of that road, just North, that goes through several mines, I might want to hit that.

Hi all,

It doesn't look like Alice, Zachary and I will be able to make the Pop up Bowl afterall... too many things going on that week/weekend. Hope you all have a blast!

Kyle

October 9th and 10th (and 8th and 7th?) are almost here. Lets confirm, who and when?

I'll roll in Friday night. I expect between 2 and 4 car/tent campers will come up Friday night or Saturday morning.

(Kyle, sorry to hear it.)

I should be there Friday early in the day. Leaving home Thursday morning. I have Monday off, so can head home on Monday morning.

If our health continues, we'll leave Houston on Thursday afternoon.

Just confirm the destination is Pioneer Pass, Gila, AZ 85501?

I forgot all about this. I'm ready for a little camping. I'll try to make it. If I do, I'll probably show up late Friday, before sunset or maybe Saturday afternoon. What is the drive through Phoenix from the I-10 eastbound to the 60 eastbound like on a Friday afternoon?

I forgot all about this. I'm ready for a little camping. I'll try to make it. If I do, I'll probably show up late Friday, before sunset or maybe Saturday afternoon. What is the drive through Phoenix from the I-10 eastbound to the 60 eastbound like on a Friday afternoon?

It is kinda poopy...

I can only speak about the traffic from the western 17/10 junction (around 19th ave) east to about Ironwood Rd at around 5:30 pm. I've done the trip too many times.

If you take this bypass: I10->101->202->60 you'll go around the worst of it. If you happen to make the trip before say 3:00 I think you are A-OK. The 60 is wide enough to keep traffic flowing at a good steady pace, mostly above 50. The bypass I've mentioned has some slow spots, but it's not too bad.

Everything before the 17/10 should be fine as your going against rush hour.

index.php

If all goes near plan, I should be on site at or around Noon...

If all goes well, I'll have the truck level, camper popped, and sandwiches in hand by Noon.

:(

We *so* wanted to be on the road tomorrow.

Edna is just not well enough. She's sleeping now, after a surprise birthday lunch with twenty of us who really love her.

I hope we will be out camping again some day, but today we will have to stay home.

Say hi to everyone for us, if you read this and then go...

:(

We *so* wanted to be on the road tomorrow.

Edna is just not well enough. She's sleeping now, after a surprise birthday lunch with twenty of us who really love her.

I hope we will be out camping again some day, but today we will have to stay home.

Say hi to everyone for us, if you read this and then go...

Ah well... Next year!

I have to live up to my name...

I got invited to ride with a team in St. Louis on Sunday - I'll be riding my bike 105 miles in 32 degree temperatures.

Bummed about missing, but very happy about the ride invite. Take pictures of all things warm.

Back
Top Bottom