4WC......Nevada?

davinski

Well, been enjoying the new used camper here, getting ready to hopefully try her out next weekend....

Noticed that the little plastic logo-doohicky on the back says 4WC....Nevada!
Was wondering what the story here is. Anyone (Ben?) know?

Also, there is no ID plate on this hawk shell. Wondering if this was standard or if it might be missing. Also, who would have records for a unit made in Nevada?

Thanks

Dave

Nevada four wheel

I worked there for about 14 months after I left four wheel. The dealer there had those plastic plates made. Beware they have some mean tape holding them on. you should be abel to find your unit number in the upper left hand corner of the frame. inside under the carpet strip wrapping the bulk head. Under the top mattress. If you find that number we might be abel to find an archive on it.

Marty

Well, I could find no ID tag anywhere on this camper. Bummer. Any other hints would help a lot.

As for the Nevada logo, was there once a division in Nevada? Does anyone know more about it? Are the nevada campers made the same as the ones in Cali, or were there differences.

One thing I like about mine is the really big read door. cool.

dave

Your camper was made in woodland by fwc. Nevada four wheel was only a dealer that had the FWC line at one time for about two years. I think that if it stayed open it would have been a very large store today.

Marty

That makes a lot of sense. FWC must not have been using the logos and other stuff as my unit has none. Still can't find any id plates. You said the bulkhead near the bed, but I cannot find anything.

So cool to finally see what everyone has been talking about just going through the camper!

dave

id

Dave,

There will not be an ID plate over the bed. There should be a number written on the aluminum under the carpet that is at the very front of the bed.

The ID sticker for the camper was originally in the bottom right hand corner on the back of the camper on the outside.

Another way that might work to be able to tell you more about the camper is if you bought it from the original owner and know their last name. I can pull it up in our old data base by name or number.

Hi, Ben.

Well, I will look for the aluminum number. I do have a serial number from the papwerwork the camper had. I know the owner who bought it from FWC as a used unit, but don't know who the orig owner was. I might have been a show model as it has some mods that I just don't understand and never seen nor heard about.

Maybe I will send you the prior owner name and serial number....I have the factory installed yakima rack system....with no KEY!!! I want to remove it to put other things on the tracks.....but can't.

dave

I have the factory installed yakima rack system....with no KEY!!! I want to remove it to put other things on the tracks.....but can't.

dave

Hi Dave,
You can get keys from Yakima - http://www.yakima.com/

From their FAQ:
Q: I lost my key, how can I get another?
A: If you know your key number, your dealer can order replacements for you, or you can contact us directly at (888) 925-4621 (M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., PST). If you do not know your key number, but you did send in your key club registration, we can look it up for you. Still not the answer for your situation? Well, if your locks were produced after 1992, and your key number is still a mystery, it can be found on the side or back of the lock "core" itself. Accessing it will require a locksmith to pick one lock, and a control key (the "gold blank" key that comes with every set of locks) to remove the core from the housing. Once the lock core is out, you can read the number and order new keys.

Good Luck!
Jim

Jim, that is good to know.

I don't have the code, and didn't originally buy the locks. So , I guess a locksmith will have to do it. I do have other yakima stuff, and even have other lock cores.

One time I was out biking and another group lost their yakima keys for their rack and could not get the bikes off. I offered to try my keys and would you know it worked. Some times you just get lucky.

I have some yakima stuff with the old locks, the number was printed right on them. The new ones don't. Oh well.

dave

Back
Top Bottom