4x4tinyhouse intro and build thread

4x4tinyhouse

Hey all, Ben from Montana here. Fairly new member, been lurking for awhile of course.

Well, after almost two years of unwinding and deconstructing a city life on the east coat, I am finally ready to get back out to the rockies (the west in general) and explore.

I'll be loosely based out of western montana but the real goal is to be on the road for as long as possible.

I'm definitely planning to blog about this and have a presence on social media under this name 4x4tinyhouse. Because that's the essence of it, really- a tiny house that goes off-roading! So find me on Instagram (so far that's the only platform I've got). https://www.instagram.com/4x4tinyhouse/

The rig is a 2017 Tacoma Introvert Cab (Access Cab) and a FWC Fleet. The Fleet will be arriving very soon in Montana. Actually, as of this post, we're only three weeks out. Woohoo!

Right now I'm in PA having the truck built out. Should have the camper in time to drive down to the Expo West.

I'll try and post build updates here. This forum doesn't seem to have a subforum for ongoing truck/camper builds, so I suppose I'll just put the truck stuff and camper stuff here, in the same thread.

Anyway, happy to be here and hope to see you out there!!!
-Ben

Here's a photo from a roadtrip through California in Spring 2000, this is the moment I knew I needed a grey toyota truck. (Pardon the silly "highway dust in my face" face lol)
2016_01_15_23_11_32.pdf055 by Ben, on Flickr

The truck that I wanted for literally, 17 years.
image1 by Ben, on Flickr

longhorn1 said:
Ben, welcome aboard and congrats. Have fun and maybe we will meet on our trips to Montana. jd
Sounds good! Give me a holler if you're ever in the Missoula area.

Big Sky brewery needs a visit, need a new Moose Droll hat. We traveled up the Bitterroot to Hamilton and ran out of time and then across the Skalkaho Pass to Philipsburg. 2018 will be the next Montana trip.

Back
Top Bottom