$6M Truck Camper

Some time ago when channel surfing and pausing for a moment on some mega RVs show, the infomercial-like host said something like, “You’ll be the envy of everyone in the campground when you drive in with this,” referencing some future leaking monstrosity with dishwasher, washer/dryer, multiple slides, and a roof that raised.

There’s a lot of insecurity out there.

michelle_east_county said:
Some time ago when channel surfing and pausing for a moment on some mega RVs show, the infomercial-like host said something like, “You’ll be the envy of everyone in the campground when you drive in with this,” referencing some future leaking monstrosity with dishwasher, washer/dryer, multiple slides, and a roof that raised.

There’s a lot of insecurity out there.
Yup…

If I had $6,000,000 to spend I'd buy an acre or so in multiple scenic spots to park my normal camper in as I traveled. Maybe spend $5,000,000 on land parcels and skimp on a $1,000,000 camper. No actually I would'nt - that is ridiculous- could have more than I ever wished for at $200,000 tops.

In fact we just bought 38 undeveloped acres in the NC mountains as I've had it with overcrowded campgrounds full of a-holes* with no regard for anyone else.
Other than my trips out west we'll do all our camping on our own land with no one else to put up with.

* recent case in point- in one of our favorite Blue Ridge Parkway campgrounds there is a group camp within the campground. It sucks. Groups are the worst- like the 6 or so teenage girls standing in the road at 1AM 20ft from our camper laughing and talking loudly.. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom