70's? Fleet front lift board measurements again

FWCdk8ur

Hey guys just did some searching and still cant find the measurements or confirm if the front lift board is identical to the rear. Trying to rebuild it sooner than later...

This is the exact camper: IMG_0656.JPG

Interior looks just like this: IMG_0733.PNG

Thanks!

I have the same model, more or less. Mine came with paperwork saying it is a 1985 Fleet. I rebuilt both panels last winter. As soon as I get a chance, I'll measure both panels and send the measurements to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Wander The West mobile app

Attachments

• 1455628648356.jpg
    1455628648356.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 120
FWCdk8ur said:
Hey guys just did some searching and still cant find the measurements or confirm if the front lift board is identical to the rear. Trying to rebuild it sooner than later...
ICYMI (in case you missed it!).....

Posts 3 and 4 in this thread suggest front and back are identical.

Also- here's a photolicious panel-fabrication thread on an 89 Fleet.

-OC

bb5qyt said:
I have the same model, more or less. Mine came with paperwork saying it is a 1985 Fleet. I rebuilt both panels last winter. As soon as I get a chance, I'll measure both panels and send the measurements to you.

Might send you a PM soon when I get to rebuilding the front panel for consulation if I get stuck. That looks just like mine, I'd love to think my camper is an 80's model and not 70's i just dont know. *What wood did you choose for the rebuilt panels? 1/4 birch seems to be popular*

edit* Don't worry about measuring those panels for me ( unless you want to, I could see how it could still be helpful info)!

I'll try to get those measurements tomorrow. I used 1\4 Birch plywood. Just make sure the plywood thickness is less than the height of the hinge or the hinges will not fold flat. Feel free to contact me if you run into problems. The rebuild thread mentioned above is great. Replace them one at a time and follow the advice from the '89 thread and you should be fine. Johnwhalen78@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom