77 Alaskan cabover

sheppard

Been kinda restorating a 77 cabover alaskan. Been a lot of work but it's coming along. I hope to have completed before the fall hunting seasons. At any rate, I busted the only emblem on the rig and was hoping someone had an idea where I could find one. Thanks

Welcome to the herd Sheppard....uh....that didn't come out like it started

Wait a minute....there was only one?.....with or without the CO underneath?

it sounds like you need a set..

Hello Rusty. Thanks for the reply. About the emblems, not sure what co is referring to but I just took another look at mine and it's sun faded yellow and says Alaskan Camper, it raises it lowers. I've seen a few on this site and I believe they are green and red (before the sun fades em). You got the ins on some? Why I got ya, I have the original water tank and pump. Unfortunately the tank is split but the pump works. I emailed Bryan Wheat and he recommended custom roto-molding. You have any other sources? Thanks again for your help!

Brian has the inside track on those tanks....the have baffles in them

as far as the emblems go....your Cab Over should have 3 emblems with a CO additional small emblem directly under the Alaskan emblem...if I can remember how to post pictures I just re-finished a set of three for my new CO

View attachment 24764

co emblem.jpg

I have a few of the older aluminum emblems but I have plans for them...a later story ;)

periodically I come across emblems on salvage campers...there is a young lady north of me in Healdsburg who had a few...they were about $20/ea...unfinished

Where abouts are you located ive got 3 that i never put back on they dont have the c/o below the emblem but they did come off a 77 c/o

Dont know if applies to your 77 but in my 64, I use a 5 gallon sceptre plastic gerry can and a valterra rocket hand pump / faucet with good result. The gerry can fits nicely into underseat storage area. I just lift it out to fill. The key with the valterra rocket is to use a smallest diameter tubing you can get to feed it, otherwise it holds significant air and takes a while to prime. I know that seems counter-intuitive. Amazon does have rv water tanks in various sizes but not cheap.

Thanks a bunch guys. Now I understand the co part of the emblem. To 64highboy. I live in northern Utah. Where u at?

I just removed a tank out of a 58 NCO I'm salvaging...fairly typical location and dimension...I'll fill it today and measure the volume...and post the dimensions

sheppard said:
Thanks a bunch guys. Now I understand the co part of the emblem. To 64highboy. I live in northern Utah. Where u at?
Vancouver island British Columbia. Sending it shouldnt be a problem it would fit in a bubble lined envelope, it is faded though.

Back
Top Bottom