8020 Aluminum Extrusion

Oryguntroutbum

Could someone tell me what size 8020 slotted aluminum is being used by the factory for the optional tie down rails for the side of the camper? Mostly seen on Project M’s right now.

Thanks

If you don’t get a definite answer, Fastenal is a local distributor if you’re unaware. If they have some in stock, IME, they are old school enough they’ll let you hold up some to the side of your Spur in the parking lot to see what looks right.

Good luck.

LuckyDan said:
If you don’t get a definite answer, Fastenal is a local distributor if you’re unaware. If they have some in stock, IME, they are old school enough they’ll let you hold up some to the side of your Spur in the parking lot to see what looks right.

Good luck.

it looks to be the 1.5" square extrusion. thats the 15 series. i like the thinking behind it, and the L-trac in the interior.

i am just starting to mock up some l-trac for my interior floor, and then will go up with some 1" square extrusion, 10 series, to fashion some boxes and shelving for propex furnace, and battery, victron, converter, etc. the 8020 cuts easily on mitersaw with proper blade.

when i was perusing the 8020 website, the variety of options is mind boggling. i ordered their catalog, and foud it easier to use. then went to website and ordered

goinoregon said:
it looks to be the 1.5" square extrusion. thats the 15 series. i like the thinking behind it, and the L-trac in the interior.

i am just starting to mock up some l-trac for my interior floor, and then will go up with some 1" square extrusion, 10 series, to fashion some boxes and shelving for propex furnace, and battery, victron, converter, etc. the 8020 cuts easily on mitersaw with proper blade.

when i was perusing the 8020 website, the variety of options is mind boggling. i ordered their catalog, and foud it easier to use. then went to website and ordered
Thanks. I’ve done L track on my interior floor also. I think it will work well to secure bins and other items while off-road.

LuckyDan said:

Good luck.
Thanks. I forgot about Fastenal. There is one local so I’ll check it out. I no longer have the Spur. I need to update my info. After 5 years with a fully loaded Hawk I finally got my new Hawk Shell in black diamond plate a few weeks ago. Funny how much stuff I found I really didn’t use in my loaded Hawk. I’m loving all the room in the shell.

mcmaster.com is also a good source for 80/20 type stuff. As usual their web page is one of the easiest to navigate and find what you're looking for or even find a solution to your problem without knowing what that solution looked like before the search. There are other brands out there and I've found that some offer parts that others do not. McMaster doesn't source from 80/20 exclusively and that is how I learned that there were other vendors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom