80s Four Wheel Fleet for sale SOLD

nixfwc

I am having to sell my rebuilt 80s Fleet as I now have an Alaskan. The cabinets have been redone, vinyl sides replaced by ATC, roof resealed. Has a new stove, 3 way fridge, New plumbing with water pump and faucet, hot water heater, outside shower, forced air heater. New custom mattress from local mattress company. Solar system ( 100 watts) with Trimetric and Sunsaver connected to an AGM battery. Gerry can mount, roof rack. Awning. Air foil..... I am sure there is more that I am not remembering. Loved the camper but certain members of my party wanted hard sides so I am on to an Alaskan project and need the space where the Four Wheel sits. I am asking $2800 and the camper is located in Chico, CA. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks.
Sorry about no photos. I will see if I can get one up.

If you can email pics to motomax14@gmail.com that would be appreciated, if its easier you could text me one too. I may be very interested! I'm located in Santa Barbara but depending on what we can work out and how it looks I would love to check out the camper. Curious what truck you had this on? I have a 2001 tacoma so I should be able to make it work. Looking forward to hearing back from you
Thanks, Max

Well, I've been lurking here for awhile, sussing out what it is that I want without spending a whole lot of dough. I was looking at possibly getting a new All Terrain shell and fixing it up as I go, but that was not going to happen soon because of limited funds.

Then nixfwc posts this gem, and I can't believe I've bought a fully equipped FWC that he has completely tricked out. It's Happy Easter for Gussie! I'll be picking it up next Sunday... thanks alot Nick.

Psyched!
IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

The Fleet is back for sale. Unfortunately we found that it would not fit in Guss's 2011 Tacoma even though it fit in my 2005 Tacoma. It requires 45 inches between the wheel wells. So back on the market. Great camper for someone. Check out Guss's pictures in a previous post. Thanks.

is this camper still available? Do you think it would work well with my 2013 silverado? My truck bed is a 6'5 I'm located in San Jose

Yes. Camper is still available and it fit in my 2003 Silverado fine so it should fit in Silverado. Thanks for looking.

Can you direct message me your number and we can talk about the camper more and hopefully I can come check it out this weekend? I'm very interested and have cash in hand.

Somebody gonna score a sweet camper. I'm still sobbing over this one not fitting between the wheel wells of my truck. Who knew that there was a difference there between and 05 Tacoma and an '11? I thought they were the same in that range.
Anyway, Nick has done a fine job on this FWC... GLWS!

nixfwc said:
Yes. Camper is still available and it fit in my 2003 Silverado fine so it should fit in Silverado. Thanks for looking.
Is this camper still available. I think it will fit my 1999 Tacoma prerunner. Very interested.

Thanks

Traveler13, I checked my 2001 tacoma and only had 41 inches between the wheel wells so be sure to check

Yes my FWC is still available. It fit in my 2005 Tacoma and in my 2003 Silverado. Gives you an idea of fit. A great buy for someone. Selling it because I have an Alaskan now.

I'm interested but I wouldn't be able to get up there until June. If you haven't sold it by then (which seems hard to imagine), I'll be in touch.

What do you mean bed height? The height from the floor of the camper to the overhang? Most trucks require a platform if that is what you mean. I had a platform under my Silverado that was about 3 inches tall. The Tundra we tried need another 1/12 inchs on top of that.

yes, the height of the floor to the overhand. I have a F150 with a 23-inch bed height.

It would require a 5 inch platform to clear the bed rails. Not a problem as I built one for my Silverado which supplies under camper storage space for a folding table, awning poles, hiking sticks,etc. And yes camper is still available. I am going to put it in our local craigslist soon. Thanks for asking.

Hi nixfwc,

I don't suppose you'd be in the Los Angeles area anytime soon? Assuming it is in advertised condition and fit on my truck (a 1995 T100 extra cab which has almost the exact same bed dimensions as the Tundra, so I assume it would be good...I'd measure everything first of course), I'd buy it. I'd be happy to throw in an additional $500 to pay for gas here and back plus some extra (so $3300 total).

Would love to have this as it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm working on my Ph.D., and until June 13th, I can't spare even two days to drive up and back to get it. I am really hoping to find something before or very soon after I get out of classes because I need to get out of LA so the plan is to live in my truck in the mountains over summer.

I know I'm new on here so here's my (seriously neglected) build thread on Yotatech where I've been a member since 2005: http://www.yotatech.com/f206/athansiniss-1995-toyota-t100-sr5-4x4-build-281827/

Let me know if this might be an option. Thanks a bunch.

-Luke

Any idea of its' weight? What vehicle did you have it on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Wander The West mobile app

I have had it on 2 different vehicles. First was on a 2005 Tacoma 4x4 with air bags. Second was on a 2003 Chevy 2500 Diesel. Both handled it ok. Alaskan is now on the Chevy. FWC is waiting for its next owner. Wanting to be used.

Back
Top Bottom