80s Keystone Floorpack Question

philos65

I'm tearing apart the interior of my 80s Keystone. A previous owner narrowed the floorpack to fit modern pickups. He took the vertical supports all the way back to the part that covers the taillights. In the attached picture this will probably make more sense.

From the front of the camper to about the middle of the stepstool is 6'. That's the distance from the inside front of the pickup bed to just behind the wheel well. It seems to me that's a huge amount of wasted space.

Does anyone anticipate any problems if I cut out two feet of the side and top of the floor pack in order to increase interior volume - put in a portopotty for example?

Thanks...

Jeff Olson
Laramie, WY

Attachments

• floorpack1.jpg
    floorpack1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Camper1.jpg
    Camper1.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 75
IMO I would leave what's there. You won't gain much as you need to stay under 60 inches or it won't clear the tail gate opening. So you can only expand 6 inches exterior width on each side max. I have a jKeystone and have narrowed it myself. A lot of work for sure and turns into more of a restoration. Maybe add an accessible box for storage instead of cutting into existing pack

Back
Top Bottom