Enduro Composite Campers

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I see many innovative features in these campers that I like and a few that I really don't like, especially the price. But, it is really nice to see companies coming out with fresh ideas.
Enduro Campers

Monte, I agree… however, I am apprehensive about composites. Delamination is a real possibility, so I’d make sure the manufacturer of the composite has a proven record.

LOTS of cool ideas. I too am apprehensive about composites and/or anything with sealed walls. Making mods (and we love mods!) is virtually impossible.

This is very interesting. Just today while driving many miles home, and passing a popup camper on a flatbed truck, I was thinking why not bolt a camper to the truck without any flatbed. You'd need the camper floor built stronger, but save the weight of the flatbed.

I suppose you can't use your truck without the camper with this setup. We've only used our truck without camper a handful of times though.

I use a composite bicycle and designed some of the 787 "plastic" airplane, so am not concerned about composites in general if they do it right. There are many weight-saving features like the honeycomb panels. The zippered windows might bother me -- zippers seem to be the failure on tents. Velcro seems a bit safer in the long term.

It would be interesting to see a version without all the bells and whistles to see how much it would cost -- their current cost is pretty scary. Maybe after a few years they'll offer some without hot water and shower, smaller battery, fewer solar panels, no awning, no toilet, AC, Propane instead of an induction stove and associated inverter, etc. that might compete better with FWC and ATC prices. But probably it'll cost a lot more. On the other hand, if the weight is as low as they say, a smaller truck would work to save a few $$.

This is very interesting. Just today while driving many miles home, and passing a popup camper on a flatbed truck, I was thinking why not bolt a camper to the truck without any flatbed. You'd need the camper floor built stronger, but save the weight of the flatbed.

<snip>
I believe the Provan Tiger is one of the examples of what you described.

but if you got a bare bones version aka "shell" you would have to be able to modify it later... to add your own improvements. It would seem hard to mod composites or vacuum sealed panels without ruining the seals? Please educate me otherwise....

Back
Top Bottom