A Brief Foray into Colorado

Bosque Bill

This post covers my last stop on the journey that began with Overland Expo 2012 in May. A perfect ending to a great trip.

Read on Bosque Bill's Backroads Blog.

The San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado are gorgeous and are green and lush this early in the season. But the snow is melting fast from the mountain tops. I've just returned from another trip up into this and the neighboring canyon which I'll cover in upcoming posts.

Thanks.

I love the San Juans. Thanks for the great report. That worn butterfly is a Milbert's Tortoiseshell, and I just ID'd one in the Sacramento Mountains, so it was fun to see your pic.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Glad you're enjoying the reports and photos.

highz said:
I love the San Juans. Thanks for the great report. That worn butterfly is a Milbert's Tortoiseshell, and I just ID'd one in the Sacramento Mountains, so it was fun to see your pic.
Agreed. I returned Sunday from 6 more days in the San Juans and with lots of photographs. I have lots of chores to catch up on, though, before I can begin writing the report(s).

FYI, I nearly always identify the species of butterfly, odonate, flower and bird right in the watermark on the photo itself, along with location and date. Sometimes it is difficult and, especially with odonates, I'll consult with experts before marking the photo. Sometimes I'll make my best guess and include a question mark to indicate my uncertainty. In recent years I've also faded the watermark to make it less obtrusive, but it should remain readable.

Remember on blogspot you can click on a photo to see a larger version in a light-table format, which will make the watermark easier to read.

Bill great report.
I did the San Juans last August primarily with Jeepers. We spent a week traveling just about every trail in the area. Even did Black Bear Pass way back up the mountain near Telluride. I think I took over 3k photos. Your macro shots convince me even more to have a macro lens.

Back
Top Bottom