A Few Days in Tofino

Gormley Green

Contributors
Found a few days and 3 nights mid week to zip over to Vancouver Island for a bit of surfing, sunshine, and seafood. We were even lucky enough to get a campsite, which can be tough in the summer! I'm sitting in line waiting for my 9:30 ferry, it's all I could get with the camper as I'm over 7'.

Heading on a sturgeon fishing trip tomorrow so I'll throw some photos up on Sunday or Monday.

Anyone wandering the west definitely needs to make it to Vancouver island and to Tofino specifically. Pretty nice being at the end of the country enjoying the waves and amazing scenery.

Stay tuned.

I seem to recall having High Tea drunk off me arse once at the Royal Empress, wish i could have sussed out the surf but we were on the ferry sans boards. Fuzzy times at the Sticky Wicket if I recall correctly. Long time ago...pics of the river mouth surf please ???

I sold a Bobcat to some folks that live in Tofino. Gorgeous location but for some reason they spend every summer in Mesa AZ.

pics of the river mouth surf please ???

I actually didn't get as many photos as I'd hoped! I guess carrying around my 7D while surfing etc just didn't work out. But here's a few of what I did get.

A quick exhaust hanger weld job before departing:
photo-1-M.jpg

First stop, cathedral grove:
IMG3493-M.jpg

Big trees for sure:
IMG3506-M.jpg

IMG3539-M.jpg

Campsite, over 170 full sites :mad: :eek: Not my favourite way of using the FWC!
IMG3540-M.jpg

This helped, imported from our homeland of Ontario:
IMG3541-M.jpg

And this:
IMG3542-M.jpg

IMG3547-M.jpg

IMG3551-M.jpg

Woke up to a nice sunrise shining through the cedars and the liner:
IMG3556-M.jpg

The toys:
IMG3557-M.jpg

Waiting to go home:
IMG3567-M.jpg

..... it's all I could get with the camper as I'm over 7'.

Thinking of heading that way next week. What's the deal with being over 7'

Thinking of heading that way next week. What's the deal with being over 7'

Best to make a reservation. You won't fit with the "normal" vehicles. Overheight fills up quickly, so better to book a spot. Even the reservations fill up quickly during summer and holidays.

Back
Top Bottom