A Labor Day Weekend Trip to the Sierra East Side

Nice trip 3pin. Good photo documentary and story. I've enjoyed Kirnan Lake fishing for fat brookies.
Good to know there's still some room on the east side, even on a major holiday.
We were a bit farther east in Nevada, but spent Sun night and Monday on the East Walker.
I'll be posting a report soon.

Andy

Yeah, didn't have a tube along to take into Kirman or Poore. I have a few friends who, it seems, only go to the East Walker. Looking forward to your trip report!

Hi ski,

Great trip report! We have driven by the Marine Training area and based on your photo can kind of guess where you were. Will have to do more exploring in that area. Glad you got to meet pvstoy and wife. We have shared company a couple of times and can only dream about their life and getaways. I try to live vicariously through Pat's trip reports. :)

On your fly fishing trips, were you high enough to go for golden trout? I have never seen one but understand the are in lakes ~10,0000 feet and higher in the eastern Sierras.

I agree with Ted, my new best friend. Thanks, 3pin, for your report from along my favorite road--US 395!

Nice report and pics, looks like it was a nice peaceful weekend.

You've made be realize now that my plans to really hit the Sierra's this year have all but gone out the window
sad.gif
You have fueled my fire though for next year. High alpine lakes, beautiful streams, hiking and fishing..where did summer go?

It was nice meeting you ski3pin and the lady. Been out of town on work this week and have not had chance to get back to you or download the hike pictures...But it was a fun 3 day backpack and climb of Tower Peak.

Enjoyed your report and now know what Secret Lake looks like. The youths were heading out from Roosevelt Lake on Monday, good to see them having fun( the parents packs looked pretty loaded).

Think I just drooled a little on my keyboard, that area is going on my short list...beautiful!

Thanks for sharing,

Mark

Back
Top Bottom