A Last Fall Trip On The East Side

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Our trip report is here from our adventure last weekend -

The Ghosts of Fall - Tamarack Lake - October 2013

The winds were blowing as we came across Monitor Pass Sunday afternoon. The weather was definitely changing and we awoke to a little snow here at home Monday morning. The usual passes may be closed for the season, at least some of us hope so. This was most likely our last fall trip into the high country. It was also, most likely the last trip in our current camper; the end of a great run and a new beginning. Please enjoy.

Thanks,you two are so romantic.Do we see a book in the making?
Great photo shots and story.
Ghost trees,I like the term.That's what we saw most on our last trip.Good description.
Frank

Would those be the signs hand painted in blue letters? I think we saw those same signs during our foray to Upper Summer Meadows, we pushed the road a ways past the Tamarack Lake sign but it was getting late and the road was getting worse so we high tailed it out of there and found a spot elsewhere before dark. I really wanted to see Tamarack Lake, thanks for showing us!

SunMan said:
Would those be the signs hand painted in blue letters? I think we saw those same signs during our foray to Upper Summer Meadows, we pushed the road a ways past the Tamarack Lake sign but it was getting late and the road was getting worse so we high tailed it out of there and found a spot elsewhere before dark. I really wanted to see Tamarack Lake, thanks for showing us!
Yes Mr. Sun, those were the signs. The roughest part of the road is just above the signs then it eases up and ends at the gate. There are no other signs directing people to Tamarack Lake. It's my guess the property owners put the sign up to direct people away from driving into their compound.

Back
Top Bottom