a little different fridge setup

lqhikers

As someone who bores quickly i started exploring a set up we could use both in our 2020 tacoma and our honda awd crv below is what we ended up with.
First we wanted to have a fridge that would keep ice frozen,You know for that evening cocktail, or scoop of ice cream.
Of course went with internet search and came up with the following.
Iceco G020 combination (separate freezer or fridge or all freezer or all fridge).
Massimo 300w portable power station.
Rockpals 100 w folding solar panel.
Our Tacoma is access cab 4x4 with rear sets removed and platform built in.
fridge and power station are mounted on lt.
Wired in a solenoid from truck battery to power outlet mounted on platform.
Solenoid is controlled by lighted switch on dash.
Power station is plugged into outlet and fridge is plugged in power station
When driving solenoid is engaged if we stop for short periods i just leave as is,
or if stopped to take a hike etc solenoid switch off and fridge runs on power station.
When we do stop to camp i plug the solar panel into the power station, depending on
camp spot panel is laid on tacoma roof or placed with stand on the ground (has a 20 foot cable)
Of course we pre cool at home fill up freezer with ice and fridge with food drinks etc.
So far happy with set up plenty of ice etc for 3-4 days which is the normal amount we are out.
Even in the desert the power station has been able to maintain temps overnight without draining itself.
When we use it in the CRV, also set up for camping rear seats removed and platform built in
the solar pane is mounted on roof rack, panel has mounting points on each corner.
Solar is plugged into power station and power station is plugged into CRV power outlet.
Happy with set up, simple and works.

O by the way we sold our pop up and went a different way, but that is another story!
Still can not load pictures so don't ask (wtw is the only site that has defeated me)

Les,lqhikersa

Still can not load pictures so don't ask (wtw is the only site that has defeated me)”

Les, PM on the way. Let’s figure out what’s going on with your pix.

Back
Top Bottom