A little help please

m.r.h.

Howdy all,

It seems that a 90s and up Grandby model is what I am looking for. Ideally a little bit of a project but not really looking for do a full on restoration. I seem to be missing something has I don't really find much about Grandbys from the 90s. It all seems to be late 80s (which won't fit without some work) and 2000s (don't really want to spend that much right now). Did they stop producing them? Are these the best years so no one wants to sell them?

I have been toying around with a camper for my 02 Ram long bed 2500 5.9 cummins for a year or so. After a sort of rainy, snowy, and sunny camping trip a few weeks back I decided to get a little more serious. Camping in the back with a semi leaky canopy is great and all, but it would be nice to stand up and stay a little dryer.

Not too worried about having a big enough truck or suspension since my truck appears to have been set up for a camper, and has spent a little time with a 5th wheel by the previous owner. However I am still looking to be light and able to get into places with out having to worry about clearance, my truck is stock height but is still a bit tall. That is why I think the pop up style fits me best. It will spend about 4-5 months a year, off of my truck, with me living out of it.

Great to read about all the projects and trips folks are out there doing. Looking forward to finding a little project and sharing it.

I believe your truck will be fine, but you might consider air bags to level things out.

As far as a 90’s Grandby, just keep looking. They’re out there. A Keystone model would be another option. I’d also recommend looking at the ATC full size campers. ATC additionally does repair work on older FWC campers. Their rates are very reasonable, and they do excellent work

Back
Top Bottom