A long time ago...in a galaxy far away...

92yj

We started out in the Sangre de Cristos. Then ventured into the San Juans followed by Sawatch and the Collegiates. Towns...Leadville, Silverton, Rifle, Ouray. Passes...Mosquito, Engineer, Imogene, Black Bear, Argentine, Ophir...ghost towns, mining camps and panning claims. Flyfishing the Encampment in Wyoming...hot springs in the wilderness.

Time to change the venue up a bit...all that has been in the past. Kids, mortgages and life has tempered the wanderlust, but not extinguished it. The grand plan is to get together with the boys in 48 months for a trip to Denali. Two crews will leave from Colorado...one from the cow-strewn pastures of upstate NY.

The Colorado crew already has their rigs....Ford big blocks and diesels with toy haulers, 4 wheel pop up campers and Samurais or Trackers...tricked for the trail. The NY contingent has a YJ ready for trail, a Tundra ready for a 4 wheel pop up and a feather lite hauler...the latter two to be purchased in the next 48 months.

This has been a trip a long time in the planning...we've all done the CO and WY trips together...and Moab...and places in-between. Alaska will be our crowning trip...3 trucks, 3 crawlers, 3 trailers/pop ups. A month away from work, spouses along to enjoy the splendor, and fly fishing to fill the table every night.

We are just beginning to get this show on the road...I need a 4 wheel pop up to fit a 6 foot bed Tundra. I'm considering the purchase of a new Hawk...but if someone has a used Hawk....I'm game.

If someone has a Featherlite to sell...dual axle for a built YJ...let me know.

This trip will happen...the countdown clock has started...as it has so many times in the past. The trips, the pictures, the memories...you know the score.

So...if you have a camper or car hauler to sell...let me know. I like the 4 wheel pop up layout...very familiar with it...and the Hawk is the right size. PM me if you're ready to get rid of yours,or the featherlight.

Adios,
92yj

Holy Smokes! I don't want to sell you my rig, I want to join the expedition!

Sounds like a great adventure. I'll bet someone out there has a nice 4 wheel camper for you. You might also consider the All Terrain Campers (very similar design).

Good luck!

Home Skillet

Back
Top Bottom