A Milestone

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We reached a milestone for our 10 year old truck, it turned over 100000 miles.

gallery_1902_252_93602.jpg

It was straight up noon August 5, 2013. It was 95° outside. We pulled over to document the location.

gallery_1902_252_79578.jpg

gallery_1902_252_95256.jpg

Happy travels :)

Keep at it, Gentlemen,

My '02 Superduty diesel turned 200,000 miles on January 8, 2011, at 3:40am, in Echo Canyon, UT, hard by the Wyoming border on I-80. It was the return trip from a week's skiing at Park City, UT. She's got 235,000 on the clock today. I'm hoping for (and maintaining faithfully to facilitate) at least 300,000, and would love to see 350-400k miles by the time I retire from work and retire the truck from her strictly recreational duties of today. Maybe, just maybe, I'll keep her long enough for diesel prices to fall back below regular unleaded.

Foy

I'm a couple hundred miles from turning 150K on my 2000 Superduty diesel. I too am looking for more than 300K on this rig. I'm not as optimistic about seeing the fuel cost get below regular gas again however. :)

I don't see it going below either,and I don't have a diesel.
40 years ago,I was driving a truck/40' trailer, based in eastern OK.Hauling things like cotton to the Wrangler factory in Spartenburg SC,and sweet potatoes to places in Arkansas,and loads of other things as far as the panhandle of Texas.
The short of this is that the price of diesel had already gone higher than regular gas.So if the past is any indication of the future than don't see it returning to lower.
Oh well that's life.
Just get out there and have fun.
Frank

It's nice to see older iron being taken care of so well. Those early 2000s 3.0s are a little on the slow side (my "in-town truck" is an '01 Mazda/Ranger with a 3.0, 5-speed, and 181,000 miles) but reliable as can be so long as you don't overheat them and blow a head gasket. Mine was my daily driver for 6 years.

On Saturday, I spent an hour cleaning the old F350's battery terminals and cables, setting up for a good charge. Also noting they're now 5 years old and need to be replaced soon. Some Bio-Clean, anti-gel, and Liqui-Moly fuel injector cleaner went into the fuel tank and I drove her 25 miles. Ended with noting I've only driven her 950 miles since June 2018. Hmmmm. Been sitting at 278,000 miles since then and it may be a while before I see the 300,000 mark.

I like new trucks---especially when they get old.

Foy

:)

Foy said:
I like new trucks---especially when they get old.

Foy
It is nice to spend some time pampering the old truck, isn't it? It will take awhile for you to hit that 300,000 mile mark.

Our old Ranger is the rare FX4 Level II model with the 4.0L V6. The differential and larger rear axle shafts were also part of this package. It was what we were searching for to buy back in 2009. It is just a good truck that does the job for us and we have not had a truck payment since we bought it.

Foy said:
Keep at it, Gentlemen,

My '02 Superduty diesel turned 200,000 miles on January 8, 2011, at 3:40am, in Echo Canyon, UT, hard by the Wyoming border on I-80. It was the return trip from a week's skiing at Park City, UT. She's got 235,000 on the clock today. I'm hoping for (and maintaining faithfully to facilitate) at least 300,000, and would love to see 350-400k miles by the time I retire from work and retire the truck from her strictly recreational duties of today. Maybe, just maybe, I'll keep her long enough for diesel prices to fall back below regular unleaded.

Foy

We met someone who has 300,000+ on their 2001 Superduty. Many more miles are in your future. Our 2008 Superduty has around 100,000.

Back
Top Bottom