A trip for the attitude!

Wu Wei

Advanced Member
The girlfriend called and said I needed a attitude adjustment. I wasn't going to argue, she was right as usual.

Two weekends ago it was Memorial weekend with lots of people and crazy drivers. I actually get more nervous driving in the summer that the winter with so many people coming into town. I think they drive so crazy from the lack of oxygen.

This past weekend was the Odyssey road run. They had road runners running all day and night. I am not sure where they were going or finishing. I think they were just running around in circles. We also had a lacrosse tourney, Jake's charity fishing derby, and my favorite the America Most Beautiful bike ride. I dread this event. It's just to many people on bikes that don't know how to ride. I say this, because there were lots of crashes, riders taking or taking themselves out on our bike trail bollards, and lots of sirens. It just gets to the point you know not to drive if you don't have to.

These are just some of the events that are coming my way this summer. By the end of August i am burnt! So I need places to go for quick getaways even for just one night.

The place I was thinking about was a place I mountain bike to frequently. I've had this place in mind, because I've always notice the camping potential with a few spots. It also has some nice amenities like hiking trails
tn_gallery_4082_562_3510327.jpg

Views,

tn_gallery_4082_562_4616840.jpg
tn_gallery_4082_562_3751748.jpg

tn_gallery_4082_562_1685349.jpg

tn_gallery_4082_562_2818792.jpg

and more views. With names like The Wall, Western States, Missing Link, Elevator Shaft, TRT, and my favorite O.T.B. It had plenty of mtn bike trails. It also had to have some wild flowers.

tn_gallery_4082_562_1132553.jpg

the snowplants are going crazy.

tn_gallery_4082_562_1263250.jpg

the spreading phlox was everywhere.

tn_gallery_4082_562_3770350.jpg

my favorite was the squaw carpet

tn_gallery_4082_562_4741000.jpg

But most importantly I had to have my Sweetie along.
tn_gallery_4082_562_3958686.jpg

tn_gallery_4082_562_3574341.jpg

We also had to have our adopted guard dog The Murph along

tn_gallery_4082_562_1582004.jpg
tn_gallery_4082_562_5042556.jpg

It also had great food and drink

tn_gallery_4082_562_1330304.jpg
tn_gallery_4082_562_1415332.jpg

This place was very, very hard to leave. It had everything we needed and then some. However, there was just one more thing to make this wander complete. It was something I saw in their eyes when they were staring at the lake. I know that look anywhere, because I always see in the mirror in the morning. It is the ultimate attitude adjustment. We were going to jump in the lake. This would make one of the earliest swims I can remember. You might ask how cold was it? Well, I just now getting the feeling back in my fingers. It also made for some interesting typing.

I plan on going back, but this time for a few days and with our mtn bikes. I just have that feeling I am going to need a lot of attitude adjusting this summer. Hope to see you out there this summer!!!!!!!

Wu Wei said:
It also had great food and drink

tn_gallery_4082_562_1330304.jpg
tn_gallery_4082_562_1415332.jpg
Mr Wu (or is it Mr Wei), you Chinese guys certainly do have some great looking food and drink! And thanks for the report and photos from my old stomping grounds.

I think we need an altitude adjustment.........................................get some of the air the angels breathe (nod to Mr. Twain). Thanks for the trip report, enjoyed it. We know what you mean about summer and tourists. We feel it because our grocery store expands the beer and chips aisles at the expensive of decent food and drink. And, all these huge vehicles pulling trailers all piloted by folks that don't have much of a clue. You're figuring out why we leave most every weekend. :)

We are newbies with a new Fleet and are also mountain bike riders and are trying to figure out our first non-campground trip where we can ride. Would you share where the pics were taken? We love the north shore of Tahoe. Thanks!

Great report. Looks like a cool place!

Lighthawk said:
Looks like a sweet spot near the Lake. I had to get sushi for lunch after looking at your pics. : )
I had sushi and some Thai noodles for lunch after reading this post too :) That meal of yours is definitely one of my favorites!

ski3pin said:
I think we need an altitude adjustment.........................................get some of the air the angels breathe (nod to Mr. Twain). Thanks for the trip report, enjoyed it. We know what you mean about summer and tourists. We feel it because our grocery store expands the beer and chips aisles at the expensive of decent food and drink. And, all these huge vehicles pulling trailers all piloted by folks that don't have much of a clue. You're figuring out why we leave most every weekend. :)
I know what you mean about the altitude adjustment also. I think getting some altitude helps the attitude. Thank goodness we have plenty of peaks around these parts. Thanks for some motivation in always getting out. I did have a hunch as to why.

Lighthawk said:
Looks like a sweet spot near the Lake. I had to get sushi for lunch after looking at your pics. : )
I learned something about that meal. We are going with just sashimi next time, it made for a perfect camping meal. Plus, seared was to much clean up for the cleaner..... me

exmx_racer said:
We are newbies with a new Fleet and are also mountain bike riders and are trying to figure out our first non-campground trip where we can ride. Would you share where the pics were taken? We love the north shore of Tahoe. Thanks
let me give you a hint first, because I love looking at maps and I just can't give the spot away that easy. Jude Law played this character in 2 recent movies. Find that name and you'll find the spot with a view. Let me know if you got or even if you want to go for a ride.

Wu Wei said:
let me give you a hint first, because I love looking at maps and I just can't give the spot away that easy. Jude Law played this character in 2 recent movies. Find that name and you'll find the spot with a view. Let me know if you got or even if you want to go for a ride.
Oh! I think I may have a clue ;)

Wu Wei said:
that took me a second, but you know your old stomping gounds :D
I think I've tipped a few beers close to that spot, skied in from the highway a bunch, and biked up there from town a time or two. :ninja:

Wu Wei said:
Dr. Watson I presume.

Doug Stewart said:
Mr Wu (or is it Mr Wei), you Chinese guys certainly do have some great looking food and drink! And thanks for the report and photos from my old stomping grounds.
Psst Doug, you know that there is a difference between Japanese, Thai and Chinese right ?

super doody said:
Psst Doug, you know that there is a difference between Japanese, Thai and Chinese right ?
Ah, err, I guess. Wu Wei doesn't sound like a Japanese or Thai name to me--too few syllables. :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom