AC mounting question

Star152

Helo all it's been some time since I posted a question and I wanted to throw this one out. I have a 04 Granby I was going to mount the AC in the window like some of you have done. But as I was sitting inside I realized I have never use my water heater. So I was thinking if I removed my water heater and placed the AC there would there be an issue since there is a vent to the outside already it seems to me the air flow is not to restricted. My heater is mounted to the rear next to the door. Terry

So I was thinking if I removed my water heater and placed the AC there would there be an issue since there is a vent to the outside already it seems to me the air flow is not to restricted.

Just remember that the water heater stores 4 more gallons of water. If you make extended trips (several weeks) like I do it is nice to have the extra 4 gallons of water stored....even if you never heat it up.

Just remember that the water heater stores 4 more gallons of water. If you make extended trips (several weeks) like I do it is nice to have the extra 4 gallons of water stored....even if you never heat it up.

One the main water tank has run out of water, has anyone figured out a way to get access to the 4-6 gallons of water stored in the hot water tank? The only way I've figured to do it would be to remove the drain plug on the outside of the heater and drain the water into a bucket.

A little off topic I'm not to worried about the amount of water. I'm concerned about using an AC that is a little restricted ideas anyone?

A little off topic I'm not to worried about the amount of water. I'm concerned about using an AC that is a little restricted ideas anyone?

I'm guessing that the ac unit mounted in the cabinet would be somewhat restricted. The factory FWC ac unit hangs out of the back wall so it is totaly unrestricted.

One the main water tank has run out of water, has anyone figured out a way to get access to the 4-6 gallons of water stored in the hot water tank? The only way I've figured to do it would be to remove the drain plug on the outside of the heater and drain the water into a bucket.

That's the only way I've been able to access it.

Back
Top Bottom