AccuSharp!

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Anybody else here familiar with this great knife sharpener?
AccuSharp

accusharp1.jpg

No electricity required -- unlike powered knife-sharpening wheels, and no skill required to get a proper edge -- unlike traditional sharpening stones. And it's <$10!
(BTW: That long, round "sharpening steel" that comes with a knife set doesn't actually sharpen the edge, it straightens a bent-over edge....which is a necessary thing, too, but not the same as putting on a new edge.)
Amazon reviewers as well as the pros at Cooks Illustrated love it.

Although this sounds like an ad, I'm not a paid spokesman for AccuSharp...just a devoted evangelist for this great product!
tongue.gif

Ever since I got it I've taken it with me to friends' houses for food-related gatherings where a sharp knife might be necessary...it's amazing how many people spend their lives with dull knives....if you can call it living.
rolleyes.gif

How topical. Just finished chopping up a batch of pico de gallo and was thinking my henckles knives were losing their edge a tad. Same with the knives in my camper. With such high praise I'll have to give one a try. Thanks.

Agreed. A knife should be sharp, otherwise it will slip.

I've got one of those diamond stone sharpeners. I've had it for 20+ years. It will cut an edge on anything; utility knives, chisels, Henckels , etc. I use it to tune my ski edges too. :D

When I was looking for something to sharpen my sword thats exactly what they recommeded. Easy to use also.

When I was looking for something to sharpen my sword thats exactly what they recommeded. Easy to use also.
Your sword?

Yes, you don't go out into the wilds unarmed do you?

:eek: Craig, please tell me you don't have the full middle ages outfit to go with that.

Yes, you don't go out into the wilds unarmed do you?

Well, actually I do go out unarmed...but that's only because I'm not that into firearms.
But a sword is a lot more practical, less over-the-top-reactionary, than a gun.
wink.gif

I think I might need a bigger one, though...
tongue.gif

:eek: Craig, please tell me you don't have the full middle ages outfit to go with that.

Not yet :) A neighbor of a friend of mine was selling swords, cheap too so I bought one. Haven't actually taken it camping yet.

Not yet A neighbor of a friend of mine was selling swords, cheap too so I bought one. Haven't actually taken it camping yet.

Phew. I was beginning to wonder if we would need WTW shirts made of chainmail when we rallied in the future. ;)

I just got this for home:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009NMVRI/ref=oss_product

Does a nice job sharpening knives and will sharpen scissors too.

I've got the AccuSharp and like it, but...... A couple of month ago, I bought the Spyder Co Knife Sharpener and LOVE it. It is the best sharpener I have ever used. It holds the stones in an upright position 40, and 30 degrees, and you just slice down the stone like your cutting something and it sharpens spooky sharp. It costs about $50.00 though, but very nice purchase.

I use this one. Did a lot of Tuna fishing and cleaning.

http://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Choice-Diamond-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B00005QEZS

~DR

Phew. I was beginning to wonder if we would need WTW shirts made of chainmail when we rallied in the future. ;)

:LOL:

Hey Ted, remember a certain movie that showed a scene about when an archaeologist and his gun and an arab with his sword had a fight-and the outcome? That's my solution, then you don't worry about neither chainmail or swords! Did you see our wolf friend out there last weekend-had to dog sit a friend's dog, so had to stay here.

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom