Adding 120 volt power to Fleet shell

I recently bought a new Fleet shell which has only 12 volt electric. I am adding 120 volt AC capability. I bought the IOTA 30 amp Power Converter (DLS-30/IQ4) with external IQ4. I plan to install a shore power 30 amp connector which I will wire to a circuit panel. I only need 2 circuits -- one for the IOTA converter and one for an outlet for my ARB refrigerator which can run on 12 or 120 volt. I would like the capability of running the frig on shore power when I'm in a wired campground.

In the new 4WC manual I see an illustration of the 4WC supplied circuit panel circuit panel.jpg. Can anyone tell me the name and brand of this panel. I'm wanting to have a small panel with 30 amp, 2 circuit breaker capability. I would like to find the manufacturer of this panel and consider getting one.

BTW I also have found this 4" x 7" panel box which is less elegant but would do the job: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-QO-30-Amp-2-Space-2-Circuit-Indoor-Main-Lug-Load-Center-QO2L30SCP/100157760

Any advice?

FWC will sell things that they normally put in campers.
At least they did a while back.
I liked their 12 VDC twin charging sockets, and they sold two of them to me.
Just call or send an email with the photo and ask them.

It is hard(impossible) to see in your photo so I took one of my 120 volt circuit breaker.

blue sea systems.jpg

Blue sea systems it says on the bottom. The top breaker turns on and off the system. This is great to use when plugging and unplugging the camper. Otherwise you get a good spark at the plug. The bottom breaker is for an air conditioner for most of us this isn't used. The second breaker is for the converter and the third breaker is for the GFI plug which is connected to a second plug for the Fridge which is then also protected for ground fault by the GFI plug.

In this photo my fridge is running on 120 but my converter is off as my batteries reached full charge then I turned off the converter.

It really isn't necessary to run AC to the fridge since you have the Iota. Power the Iota with AC and let it power the fridge as normal. You're still running the fridge from shore power when plugged in at a campground, but you have uncomplicated your wiring updates.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom