Adhesive sealant to install Flexible solar panels on roof

I just placed my order for one $203.82 after tax with free shipping.

I already have one of these panels I have it hooked up to the Morningstar 6 amp PWM controller that was part of my from the factory solar setup. I regularly get 5.5 amps(75 watts) into my battery according to my Trimetric. I just routed new wires through the turnbuckle door with MC4 plugs on the end. The wire with the plugs extends about 5 feet past the tailgate and when I'm not using it I just tuck it in over the bed-rail. I can use it right there or I have another 50 foot extension with MC4 plugs. With MC4 plugs it can only be plugged in correctly.

I have a Hawk with the standard roll over couch I store the extra mattress pads behind the couch and I put the solar panel between the pads, great fit. Two solar panels will fit there just the same as one at 1/16" thick.

I'm going to need a more powerful controller. Cheaper PWN or MPPT?

I love being able to point the panel directly at the sun it is a great help in getting the most output possible. One of the points that Solar Bob made with that lengthy dissertation on solar power was the need to be able to tilt your solar panels.

Now I'll be able to park in the shade.

Back
Top Bottom