Advantages of front dinette seating

With a sde dinette, are there any issues with potential limitted outside view due to eye level being at the top edge of the window and being up against the window?

Would a shell front dinette with two large side windows be better from a view perspective?

Just trying to decide between the two. See an ealier post in the main truck camper forum of potential floor plans.

Thanks,

Mike

It seems to me that you can't get the side windows to be any higher than they are because they are limited by how high the hard sides are on the camper. So... side or front dinette is a matter of personal choice probably dictated by other use issues: space needed for gear, other seating, etc.

Yes - view out the window(s) is poor from either style dinette.

After owning both, we much prefer the front dinette for two people. It leaves the galley completely clear for the cook, creates a much nicer face-to-face eating arrangement, and of course there's the hot shower . . .

This is my first post on this forum after several years of avid reading and serious dreaming and planning. My wife and I are aiming to order an FWC next year as a retirement gift for each other.

The question of which dinette to choose for a Grandby is the conundrum we're caught up in as well. May I throw in another possible deciding factor for the decision? We anticipate traveling around the Southeastern United States and from experience we feel that there will be a need for air-conditioning at least some of the time (like, almost half the year).

Is there any chance of having air-conditioning with a front dinette self-contained configuration? I'm not handy enough to go with a shell option, so whatever we order will be built out already. My thought has been that the side dinette would work better for us because we could order a rear-window air-conditioner for the times when we could plug in and have it available. Any thoughts, anyone?

I am in awe of the collective expertise, experience, skill level and welcoming attitude on this forum! Thanks.

TZ

Back
Top Bottom