After Market Towing Mirrors?

mynxd

Advanced Member
Has anyone installed after market Towing Mirrors on their vehicle ? I am considering this after a close call recently (someone speeding by me on the right (on city street)). I'm considering "Best in Auto - CHAMP -201504 ($165/pair) " . Rock Auto has a large selection, but their cheapest power tow mirrors are about $240 with shipping (and are not telescoping)..

Thanks for any suggestions.........

I suspect you're looking for something a little more advanced than the $20 solution I've got, but this (top mirror) is what I've used successfully for the past 3 years.

Attachments

• fwc_custom (5).jpg
    fwc_custom (5).jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 143
Kilroy, my truck is a 2010 Silverado extended cab - Which mirror brand did you install? I once had to replace the driver side mirror on my wife's GMC pickup, and was not happy with it due to vibration.

Look up a company called Velvac for towing mirrors. They might have something.

They guy I sold something to on craigslist had a real nice set. Unfortunately I blanked on the rest of the info when he mentioned they were $400.

Thanks for all your input. I went ahead with the "truck champ 201504" as noted in the original post. Had some difficulty when trying to do the order online, so I phoned in the order. (just under $162 for the pair). It took about 90 minutes to install both mirrors (door panels had to come off). They are a HUGE improvement over the stock mirrors. The mirrors have no vibration (at up to 75mph).

some pics -
full

full

mynxd said:
Thanks for all your input. I went ahead with the "truck champ 201504" as noted in the original post. Had some difficulty when trying to do the order online, so I phoned in the order. (just under $162 for the pair). It took about 90 minutes to install both mirrors (door panels had to come off). They are a HUGE improvement over the stock mirrors. The mirrors have no vibration (at up to 75mph).

some pics -
They look like nice mirrors for $80 a piece.

Back
Top Bottom