Air Bags, again

Shadyapex

Hi all, I just bought a new '14 Tacoma and am looking at the various rear suspension upgrades. I used the firestone ride rite bags on my '97 Taco and liked the ability to adjust the ride height as the camper (FWC Eagle) comes on and off quite a bit. However the air bags are not yet available for the '14 Taco so I'm wondering if some of you have experience with some of the other airbags on the market.
I'm also happy to entertain other options such as super springs, roadmasters, etc. Love to have some input. Thanks, Steve,,,,,

Check this out.

8234388949_b74d30406f.jpg

you may want to check out the SUMO by SUPERSPRING I just installed them on a 13" tacoma sport, I really like them, kept the factory ride, I've loaded 1000 pounds of sand to test for the last 3 weeks, little more frim but thats what I am after when loaded, I'll be putting a ALASKAN MINI on it after it get's build't in march

I installed a set of super springs on my 06 Tundra Access and am very pleased with the results, also installed a set of Bilstein H.D. shocks. When the C rated Michelins are done I will replace with a E rated tire. I leave the camper mounted pretty much year round so air adjustable ride quality wasn't a big concern.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I've been reading on some 4x4 sites that the best approach is to beef up the leaf springs first and then add air bags as/if necessary. So I'm thinking of installing some supersprings rather than the sumo supersprings as that would leave a spot for air bags if I decide I need more. The Sumos look like cool new technology though.
I do use the truck without the camper loaded a lot so my questions is, will the ride be way too stiff with the supersprings installed and the camper not loaded?
I don't mind a little stiffer ride but wouldn't be happy with a buck board.
I know it would be more money to do both but I just bought a new truck that I'll likely keep for 20 years and I want it to do what I want it to do. And that's carry the Eagle on rough terrain without significant lose of clearance and do duty as a farm truck during the week.

I drove my truck for a few days after adding the super springs without the camper, the ride was firm but not harsh. Reminded me of our 3/4 ton shop truck with a load in it I have the springs set with the highest preload, you could drop to the bottom bolt hole and reduce preload if you needed/wanted. As a side note: back of truck does set a fair bit higher than stock with no load

Back
Top Bottom