Air compressor fitting for blowing out water system?

Dipodomys

Advanced Member
I understand that there exists a fitting for an air hose to blow out the water system for winterization. Could someone provide a link to where I can purchase one?

Vic Harder said:
Of course ::facepalm::

In my defense, I'm getting the camper this afternoon so I couldn't check what the camper-side of the fitting would look like (until this afternoon).

Thanks!

If you are buying a new camper they likely will supply one. Mine came with one in the kit. Hardware and variety stores typically have a small rv section, and these fittings by Camco are typically in those sections, as are water pressure regulators and right angle hose fittings.

You don’t need much pressure to blow out the system, so I have been connecting mine with a short length of surgical tubing to act as a pressure limiter by blowing off the fitting if the pressure builds up. I do this for the same reason they tell you to use a water pressure regulator.

Attachments

• IMG_6919.1.jpg
    IMG_6919.1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 25
Don't forget to use it each fall! We forgot, and got to buy a new pump and manifold this last spring.

rubberlegs said:
Don't forget to use it each fall! We forgot, and got to buy a new pump and manifold this last spring.
Even if you blow the lines out, there can still be water in the pump. I’ve found the simplest way to cure that is run a small amount of rv antifreeze into the pump.

I thought of putting a 60W bulb in the pump compartment. We don't typically get deep freezes. Has anyone tried that?

rubberlegs said:
I thought of putting a 60W bulb in the pump compartment. We don't typically get deep freezes. Has anyone tried that?
The concept is logical, but I’m not sure 60 watts would always be sufficient - especially if the camper is stored outdoors.

Took cheap one and cut threads and put fitting for my air hose, works easy peeasy. I set the air compressor regulator to 40 psi and open and close valves. Let it flow one line at a time and move to next and go around several times..
20211031_103827_resized.jpg

I use a small oil-filled radiator style space heater if it is going to be really cold. Ours is 750 watts and I have learned to set the thermostat to about 40 F. I set it in a milk carton & leave it in the camper as the truck is my daily driver. I open all the cabinets when the heater is plugged in and have not had any issues with the water pump freezing. I do the winterization task of draining the water tank & heater but no RV antifreeze. This has worked down to about 15F. I may just have been lucky so far. \_(ツ)_/

Paul

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom